Datsun 5-speed Gearbox

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shipping crazy expensive? I say nay to you sir! It costs around 30-50 bucks shipped (via ship) from Long Beach or Houston to Helsinki. That aint bad at all. Been there, done that.

Jos tarttet jeesiä tuon laatikon kans niin pistä YV:tä.

• 2 weeks later...

Th email is at the to of the ad. 

30-50 bucks to ship a trans to uk? Ya right, keep dreaming... 
Adding a zero to the end would be closer. 

Th email is at the to of the ad. 

30-50 bucks to ship a trans to uk? Ya right, keep dreaming... 

Adding a zero to the end would be closer. 

If you send it by boat it's cheap but takes a long time. If you send it by air... then you can add another zero. And since when is Helsinki in the UK? :rofl:

Typo I meant ue and as a seller I have shipped by boat, multiple times. Your not shipping a trans anywhere out of the country for 30-50 dollars, thats all there is to it.

Last big item I shipped by boat was an s30 dash, 1st it took $100 to ship it to the shipping company at the port then it cost another $250 to boat it to Arab emirates. Then I dont even know how much from said port to his place. Even if you have a friend filling a sea container and paid just the share it wouldnt be that cheap, and thats really as cheap as it could possible be.

Multiple leads have been posted feel free to prove me wrong and actually buy/ship one. I want to see good intentions and 30 bucks ship a 75lb trans to the other side of the planet lol. 

The Rev talking about shipping to Finland, a specific country in the EU using a specific company (Finn-US Logistics) that ship out of Los Beach, CA or Houston,TX.

I checked again, and the OP is in Finland as well... I don't understand why you are trying to refute the Reverends' claim? I know because I have (as well as some buddies) shipped stuff to him.

If you use another company and ship to other places (Emirates, which is across 2 Oceans btw), then yes rates will vary.

Because it gives people false hope. Not shipping a trans anywhere out of the country and really just about anywhere in the country for 30 bucks.
Also I shipped the dash via an emirates specific shipping company which crosses ONE ocean (google suez canal maybe). UAE is actually closer and easier to ship to then finland (from east vs west coast) but yes rates will vary, and none will be 30 dollars. 

Until proof is posted thats my stance.... which doesnt matter either, the op asked for a trans and multiples leads were posted, mission accomplished. I'm waiting to see him get one to the shipping company then over to finland and picked up for 30 bucks. 

I ask Finn-us Logistick how much will cost to ship to finland that box: And answer was 50-100 dollars and finland 20eur to tariff. They are really nice people and helping me find and buy that box...  I have send some email to seller but they dont take me seriously because i from finland. 

Awesome... so after its handled&shipped to Finn-us Logistick, they are paid and then tariff your talking maybe $2-300. Pretty close to the prices someone was mentioning earlier  :rofl: 

Do you have a confirmed paypal account? If so say that your willing to purchase through paypal including shipping to Finn-us Logistick. Paypal is a protected and most common payment system for online goods in the USA, if your paying shipping and handling they should have no problem dealing with you. 

I ask Finn-us Logistick how much will cost to ship to finland that box: And answer was 50-100 dollars and finland 20eur to tariff. They are really nice people and helping me find and buy that box...  I have send some email to seller but they dont take me seriously because i from finland. 

@X-1: Unfortunately, that is how it is for many out of the country buyers. That's why I am the Rev's contact/friend, to help him get parts a little easier.

They are nice people at Finn-US Logistics, I don't know if you talked to the California or Texas people, but I talked with Mikko in California and he was very helpful. Is the seller you are trying to contact here in Southern California, if so let me know and I can try to help you out.

@72240z: he said the tariff was 20 euros, that's $26 USD. Maybe not $30-50, but certainly not in the hundreds. Plus if they are charging him a little extra for helping him source the gearbox, its still pretty good.

I can read thanks lol. Read this though, the tariff alone is as much as your lowest estimate. The tariff (26), shipping and handling to Finn-us (50-100) and shipping from them (50-100)all added up will be close to what I said it would be. Thats all there is to it. Ya its not a bad price, I never said it was. My only point this whole time was that 30-50 bucks to ship a trans to the other side of the world was a silly estimate. 30 dollars doesnt even pay the guy who loads it on the boat lol. 

I said my piece and am moving on. Best of luck to the OP on the trans, I'm sure someone will be willing to ship it if he explains it as I suggested above or with the help of a fellow Fin here stateside. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.