going to mexico for a month

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We traveled to visit family there many times in our own personal cars and never had any troubles but yeah I wouldn't take your sweet little green car. :)

Moisabamf:

Have fun!!!

Heres My shopping list!!!!!

1. Anything 620 fourdoor. Rear side doors. Front windwings (Yes, that's right. 620 fourdoors have windwings) gaskets, glass, etc.

2. Look on older Datsuns down there for DEALER license plate frames. I'll pay $$$$$$ for a Fontana Datsun frame. Seriously, stuff went over the broder (legally and illegally) to never be seen again. Did the new Mexican owner put the plate on with the original frame???

3. Bumperettes. We all love 'em and som of Us need 'em!!

4. Stock hubcaps off abandoned Datsuns.

5. Photos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good time!

take lots of wrenches, extra fanbelts, hoses and an portable air compressor...

next to all the european cars that i saw out there that we dont get here in the US, this was the wierdest when i went. we called it the datsun surburban.

Mexico033.jpg

you'll prob see a lot of newer toyota hilux's and chevy luvs out there too. have fun.

Heres My shopping list!!!!!

1. Anything 620 fourdoor. Rear side doors. Front windwings (Yes, that's right. 620 fourdoors have windwings) gaskets, glass, etc.

2. Look on older Datsuns down there for DEALER license plate frames. I'll pay $$$$$$ for a Fontana Datsun frame. Seriously, stuff went over the broder (legally and illegally) to never be seen again. Did the new Mexican owner put the plate on with the original frame???

3. Bumperettes. We all love 'em and som of Us need 'em!!

4. Stock hubcaps off abandoned Datsuns.

5. Photos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good time!

There was a pair of the Fontana plates at the last Pomona swap meet. Had I known I would have picked them up for you. So what's so special about those frames?

"There was a pair of the Fontana plates at the last Pomona swap meet. Had I known I would have picked them up for you. So what's so special about those frames?"

Fontana was the birthplace of the Datsun truck movement!!! The original building is still there but now its an independent dealer. Keep us posted on your journey Moisabamf :D

dude if u happen to see a king kab bubble rear window, get it for me and i'll gladly pay u for your time and effort..also what steroid and pac coast said, anything datsun 620 related, get phone numbers and location..:D have a safe trip and enjoy, from what i understand, form family memebers, the scenery is fantastic in that area, and on the way down, GOD bless, and let us know what u find..:D

Jefe de Jefes As Mark said, Fontana is where the SCDP guys met. My truck is a "Fontana" styled truck, hence the desire to have accurate frames. The plate says "FUNtana" as "Fontana" was already taken and it was FUN building a Fontana styled truck 30 years later. Were those Fontana DATSUN frames? Were they in the general swap meet sales area or where the VW guys sell up front to the right? Any other outstanding items that the dealer who had them had for sale that You remember? The reason I ask is that I know a few VW sellers and might be able to find out who it was. Possibly You saw them in with a bunch of other different dealer frames. Thanks.

Roid ,

They were original Fontana DATSUN frames. They looked their age but didn't look cracked. I remember seeing 2 different people selling the frames but I can't remember which stand had them. These guy's were in the general swap meet sales area.