WTB: 520/521 stuff

Looking for the following 520/521 parts,

Right fender, or possibly just a patch cut from it to save on shipping. Need the front 1/3rd

1- Datsun 1300 metal fender emblem

Wiper linkage with useable cowl rubber grommets and the spacers under the retainer nut.

Rubber boot that seals the wiper motor shaft to the firewall.

Defroster diffusers (that screw to the dash) and the paper hoses. (diffusers may be 520 specific?)

Rubber plug for the trans "dipstick" (520 specific)

Shifter boot (520 specific?)

driveshaft access rubber plug (behind the shifter opening, 520 specific)

Fuel tank sender float

Cab to frame bolts that aren't thin as toothpicks lol need all 4

I may also be interested in NOS 520 stuff. Shoot me a PM if you can hep out.

Mark

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayno, all parts are needed for a early 66' 520, metal dash top.

Mark

That's a lot tougher, the defroster vents are as hard to find as the dash tops, actually harder, because people sell the tops without the vents, thinking that the 521 vents will work, I am actually short a set myself.

Try to make a set of 521 vents work, even if you have to remove the dash and silicone them into position.

I wish I had known 6 months ago when that 66 520 was in the wrecking yard in portland, it had good fenders, the dash was gone, but that makes it easier to get the wiper assembly out, I suspect the 521 is the same though, only the wiper motor is different.

I believe you can use a 521 tank/sender.

Go to the hardware store and buy what you need to bolt your cab down to the frame.

If you have any 411s being parted out near you, check them defroster vents, they quite likely could be the same.

I make everything I need anymore, but most my vehicles are not original anymore.

Are you close to Fresno, there is a 521 in a yard there that has a complete wiper system.

IMG_20130330_111304_205_zps48a2304f.jpg

See it there, nothing in the way either, it's in the wrecking yard report.

If you were to grab the wiper motor also, and used a 521 wiring harness and switch, you could have the two speed wipers also.

Fresno is about a 3 hour round trip. Don't really want to spend the fuel to get there and find it gone/damaged/seized/etc. That was the issue with mine, pivots stuck so bad I damaged them trying to remove them. If anyone is in Fresno and willing to pull them, shoot me a PM to discuss.  As for the cab bolts, I can get regular bolts as a last resort. Kinda like the fact the oem bolts have the shoulder on them preventing overtightening. Only really need 2 if push comes to shove. Daniel, nice trick there, may have to steal that one! Oh, and silly me, I posted this in the wrong wanted section :blush: . If a mod happen to see this, please move to the correct section.

Mark

That's a good one Daniel, I will have to remember that one, even on the 520 vents, they still warp or twist, and then only half the defroster works.

That will only work on the 521 dash, because if you try that on a 520 metal dash, the weld marks will show on the outside visible part, but I suspect a good grade of silicone will do the same thing.

I looked at the fender emblems, they are not as good as I recall when I grabbed them.

Both are missing one post, and they are very dirty, and they came off a 520.

DSCN1257.JPG

DSCN1258.JPG

DSCN1259.JPG

I just grab everything if something is going to scrap, even if quality is dubious.

That's a lot tougher, the defroster vents are as hard to find as the dash tops, actually harder, because people sell the tops without the vents, thinking that the 521 vents will work, I am actually short a set myself.

Try to make a set of 521 vents work, even if you have to remove the dash and silicone them into position.

I wish I had known 6 months ago when that 66 520 was in the wrecking yard in portland, it had good fenders, the dash was gone, but that makes it easier to get the wiper assembly out, I suspect the 521 is the same though, only the wiper motor is different.

I believe you can use a 521 tank/sender.

Go to the hardware store and buy what you need to bolt your cab down to the frame.

If you have any 411s being parted out near you, check them defroster vents, they quite likely could be the same.

I make everything I need anymore, but most my vehicles are not original anymore.

i used the 521 vents ..... i ended up putting a j nut on the duct and a screw to attach it ... there a lottile bigger then the opening but i havent noticed a difference .... and wayno i gt a pic for u ...pm or post to ttruck build thread

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.