510 wagon $600 opinion

well picked the car up and drove it home and started wrenching away didnt take any pics besides one of it at the car wash and good news no rusty floor pans no rutsy frame rails its all good underneath and the reason for the rust under the fuse panel in the bay is do to a giant rat shit pile that sat for a good long while only downside they ate allot of wiring but no biggy i sadly enough enjoy wiring ill have more pics up soon of the undercariage and more

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here she is at the wash getting all the mold and moss off of her

2013-03-29145451.jpg

the lovely spot were the rat shit sat for a long time and rusted through

2013-03-30163015.jpg

engine bay

2013-03-30163004.jpg

some of the undercarriage first the rear suspension and the second is how the pans look light surface rust no pitting of the metal thank god

2013-03-30162917.jpg

2013-03-30163722.jpg

yes, thats a good deal, I paid $800 for a 710 wagon five years ago and it was worse in appearance than that one. I agree that you should make sure the car is safe before you drive it. Also check out the thread "the cash costs of a daily driver" in the stories section, someone bought a truck for $800, owner said they had just driven it that day and did daily, and it broke down on the way, ended up costing over $1600. He was happy in the end. Usually cars under $2000 end up needing some repairs within the first few months. Mine needed a few minor repairs, I drove it for a year before I got another nicer one. MAKE SURE THE CAR IS SAFE TO DRIVE BEFORE YOU DRIVE IT AWAY. Does the car stop when you press the breaks, do you see gas leaking under the air filter when its running. If not you should tow it if you still decide you want it.

• Like 1

its safe to drive besides it needs a bit of wiring the guy i bought it from just replaced all brake lines/ wheel cylinders/brake pads/shoes/drums/brake and clutch master cylinder/clutch slave cylinder/all soft fuel lines/fuel filter/distributor points/plugs and wires and gave me all the receipts for all the parts

• Like 1

the lovely spot were the rat shit sat for a long time and rusted through

2013-03-30163015.jpg

As mentioned this could be from leaves and or ratshit collected under the cowl just behind the fuse box under the wipers. There is a drain on each side that plugs and water collects and they rust. Another us behind the front fenders. Take the wheel off and look up in there. There's a covered channel (like a rocker panel) hat has wiring in it from the fuse box to near the battery to get around the strut tower.

its safe to drive besides it needs a bit of wiring the guy i bought it from just replaced all brake lines/ wheel cylinders/brake pads/shoes/drums/brake and clutch master cylinder/clutch slave cylinder/all soft fuel lines/fuel filter/distributor points/plugs and wires and gave me all the receipts for all the parts

Well not all the brake lines were changed. Better not assume and check the pads/shoes and rotors/drums.

some of the undercarriage first the rear suspension and the second is how the pans look light surface rust no pitting of the metal thank god

2013-03-30162917.jpg

That fuse box hole won't be to hard to fix. Mig wire feed, gas would be better than flux but flux is ok. You can get a pneumatic die grinder to smooth it out. It'll be good to go. Then put something to prevent rust on it. Slam it and rock it man. Needs new shoes lolz

my buddy is going to do all the welding hes a professional welder and he does work for free so yay everything else will be me i would do the welding but i havnt touched one in years and i dont want to ruin it