510 wagon $600 opinion

Hi everyone this is my first post here and would like to get some opinions i recently sold my 1995 s14 and am purchasing a 510 wagon (cant remember exact year but i think its a 72). It runs and drives and only has a small amount of rust under the fuse box in the engine bay and on the lower portion of the passenger fender. There might be more but thats all i saw from my first overlook of the vehicle. My question is do you think 600 dollars is a good price? From what ive been seeing i seem to think it is but would like other opinions>

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is its(only picture i took while there) dirty as hell the old man im buying it from just uses it to get to and from the store and around his property and has a large datsun and nissan graveyard  

2013-03-23_190124.jpgt

Runs and drives... looking like that, I'd pick it up for $600, for sure. prob throw about $800-1000, taking care of your rust spots, beef up the interior (sound deadening), replace seals/ bushings/gaskets all around, rims/wheels, suspension, a little spit shine and call it done!!!

Include in the deal some provision to dig through his 'Datsun graveyard' for parts you may need. He sure as hell won't be needing them. Be a shame for them to waste away.They don't make them any more... once they are gone..... they are gone forever.

I think so..but also check for rust under carpet front and back.  Also if you can jack it up and check underneath, use jack stands for safety. Once you get this do a compression check. check for leaks everywhere, hoses, radiator, tranny, brakes, oil pan, master cylinders (clutch and brake) and vacuum..see if the guy has receipts and get history of car. start with a good foundation.  Good lluck.

about to go pick it up now and there are a few other things about the cars he bought it off of a friend who had it sitting in a field for about nine years who was the original owner. The guy im buying it from recently put new plugs wires brake lines brake master cylinder clutch master cylinder and a few other things i cant remember all and when i was there i was checking for rust in the fender wells and everywhere i could without taking all day and couldnt find much but ill have more photos up in just a bit

While $600 is stupid cheap for a 510, rust near the fuse box is a really bad sign. That's *not* a place that a 510 will normally rust. Most cars that are rusty will be so far gone, and still not have rust in that spot. So I would look the car over VERY carefully, I'd bet there's a lot more rust than what you've stated. Could be a junk bucket really quick, because rust repair is expensive and time consuming.

While $600 is stupid cheap for a 510, rust near the fuse box is a really bad sign. That's *not* a place that a 510 will normally rust. Most cars that are rusty will be so far gone, and still not have rust in that spot. So I would look the car over VERY carefully, I'd bet there's a lot more rust than what you've stated. Could be a junk bucket really quick, because rust repair is expensive and time consuming.

X2

check the drain cowl.

the space over the trans. pull the carpet inside, behind the heater.

check under the fender along the rail for rot too

hard to pass up that deal...