Meet Tater, a 1964 NL320

DMC

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh Wayno :ninja:  you know Tater!

I have the starter installed, drained the old gas, changed the oil, pulled the plugs and  cranked him over. Got sparky at the points ,,,so you know whats next.

IMG_2591_zps19e60901.jpg

OK, I actually owned this for a while, hmmmm.

Did you pour a little gas down the carb, did it try to hit?

I never got that far, just to many things going on at the same time back then, plus I would have taken a bunch of shit if I would have done what I planned to it.

That is a good plan, get it running and dependably driving, you know, it should start, stop, and be steerable, then figure out what way you want to go.

There is a lot of NL320s up there in that area now, lets get them all to Canby some year and park them together.

It's been inside since the day I brought it home. I have not tried to fire it yet,,,, I will soon. Thanks for letting it go. needs a little floor patch around the seat mount before it gets hard miles. A caravan to canby sounds like a blast!

It's been inside since the day I brought it home. I have not tried to fire it yet,,,, I will soon. Thanks for letting it go. needs a little floor patch around the seat mount before it gets hard miles. A caravan to canby sounds like a blast!

There was a rats nest under the seat, and it did not have the windshield in it, so everything was soaked, when it was delivered, the first thing I did was take the seat out and totally clean all the rat/mice turds out of it to let it dry out, they had used the foam in the seat to make the nest, water logged foam everywhere, in the end there were more holes than I was hoping there would be.

The best thing about it was that most of it is there, you don't have to go searching for impossible to find parts, just try to find a taillight bezel for an NL320.

Get it started and driveable, then go from there, that is what I would do.

You did a good job cleaning up the mess Wayno, thanks. All I smell now is old gas and old 90 wt  :sick:,,, I can deal with that.

Im going to swap out the rubber fuel lines, and install a filter, pour in a gallon of fresh gas and crank it over. Carb amazingly squirts!! If I can get it to run well. hydraulics for clutch and brakes are next.

I have read that the "throwout bearing" is a carbon disc, any truth to that?

IMG_6126_zps3e4a4077.jpg?t=1364609799

It is drawing from the fuel tank. None of the gauges are registering. I will probably clean some connections later.

Radiator is whacked, so I hope it doesnt leak. And I hope the exhaust doesnt steam!!

I need to make a key as well    :hairy: