How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After a very long hiatus, I am finally getting back to my VG swap into my 510.

A divorce, money, life and health issues have kept me away from this project for far too long.

I back to it and I am reacquainting myself with the wiring. I pulled the S12 VG harness out and have double checked all of my wires as shown in the diagram on page one of this thread.

My only issue is the wiring for the coil.

The S12 VG harness had the coil wiring coming from a sub harness that I didn't take from the donor car. So I need to make my own.

from looking at the wiring diagram from the FSM, I need to run wires from pin connectors #3 and # 5 and tie into # 34 and add a ground.

Is this correct?

My coil has a plug on it. I need to know which pins on the coil plug go to which of those wires.

Thanks in advance!

DA0AF9C6-2E8E-407F-9706-445899D5180F_zps

So looking at the wiring diagram for the third relay and specifically ECCS LSS or ECU pin 4, does anyone know if this actually needs a load on this pin for the ECU to work correctly? Is there any reason the ECCS LSS line can't be left to float and the third relay connected to (38, 47 and sensors e.g., ECCS1) be ganged to be activated by ECU PIN 104 (e.g., pin 4 left empty and pin 104 grounds/activates relay 1 and 3)? I want to use the ECU lines as mere sensor lines to pull up a controlled voltage fed through a solid state optoisolater but I'm not sure if the ECU will freak if pin 4 floats or it doesn't see the coil load on some of the pins (I can work around this I just need to know as it will increase my circuit count and complexity). I'm assuming the solid line through the coil of the third relay is just a typo.

S13KA24DECANAM.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Fuel Pump Problems-

78 620 w/ S14 KA24DE that was wired up/running in an S13 car.

I am having trouble with my fuel pump relay ground (blk/pink wire). It is not getting a ground signal from the ECU. If grounded manually at the relay, fuel pump turns on. If manually grounded at the ECU plug, fuel pump turns on. All other relays are functioning as they should but the fuel pump one is not turning on with the key. I have tried three different ECU's and am out of ideas. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

• Like 1

I have my Ka damn near complete but not getting any power to the dizzy. Fuel injectors are functioning so I was assuming the ecu was bad but I was told that since the swap is from an s14 I have to run a wire for one of the plugs on the dizzy to the maf or something. the person who told me wasn't exactly sure since it had been a while since he had don't it and has only don't it once since he for the most part only plays with s13 swaps. who can lead me in the right direction? Ive brought it up to others and said they have heard similar but haven't actually done it, so im sure some one on here has been through it. Could it be similar to what is described the previous post?

I have my Ka damn near complete but not getting any power to the dizzy. Fuel injectors are functioning so I was assuming the ecu was bad but I was told that since the swap is from an s14 I have to run a wire for one of the plugs on the dizzy to the maf or something. the person who told me wasn't exactly sure since it had been a while since he had don't it and has only don't it once since he for the most part only plays with s13 swaps. who can lead me in the right direction? Ive brought it up to others and said they have heard similar but haven't actually done it, so im sure some one on here has been through it. Could it be similar to what is described the previous post?

• Like 1

I did not do anything like that for my swap and it was for a la24de from a 1995 s14

Check make sure what year you had because 96 are a lil different I hope this helps

All I did was tap in to the wires by the Ecu let me know if you have any questions I'll try to help as much as I can

• Like 2

Hey guys, I'm putting a 1998 ka24de into a 1981 210. I've got the whole harness figured out except for one wire. Why is there a wire running from the ecu (pin 20) to the starter solenoid? Shouldn't i just run the old start wire from the ignition switch to the solenoid?

I guess im asking if that wire from the ecu is supposed to supply power to the solenoid, and if so how does the ECU know when to crank if im not using the start wire from the ignition switch?

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm putting a 1998 ka24de into a 1981 210. I've got the whole harness figured out except for one wire. Why is there a wire running from the ecu (pin 20) to the starter solenoid? Shouldn't i just run the old start wire from the ignition switch to the solenoid?

I guess im asking if that wire from the ecu is supposed to supply power to the solenoid, and if so how does the ECU know when to crank if im not using the start wire from the ignition switch?

NVM, I think i figured it out. The BLK/YEL start wire from the ignition switch and the orange wire from the ECU both go to the Started solenoid. Is this correct?

• Like 1

NVM, I think i figured it out. The BLK/YEL start wire from the ignition switch and the orange wire from the ECU both go to the Started solenoid. Is this correct?

The orange wire is a safety thing, to prevent the fuel pump from pumping while the starter is cranking (or something like that) .. I'm not sure where on the starter it goes though

• Like 1

Thought I'd add this to help anybody else needing some VG info

After some more digging I was able to find (2) sources. Different approaches, but hope this might help others with VG install.

http://www.xenonzcar.com/z31/z31fsm.html

http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0900c15280071e43

• Like 1