How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

if I have a harness that has been cut where can I find the aicv and o2 sensor wire? I tracked down the other ones, but im missing those two.

I'm assuming that the fuel pump relay wire only comes out of the ecu connector and doesnt run anywhere but 12v right?

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got most of the wiring done,In the diagram the show the 70amp fuse. I can not find a 70amp anything,60amp and 80amp. My buddy at a local Z shop said to run a circut breaker will that work and can i use the 60amp or 80amp one.Thanks

Either should be fine, the fuse is just there in case the power lead feeding the fuse box shorts out. I've had a 70amp one in my rig for a while, I also run my stereo amp through it so I'm sure a 60amp breaker would be more than enough. The only reason I put the 70amp one in there was because if you tear a s13 fuse box apart there is one in there. Hey I'm cheap :D

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

hey icehouse i see that you have the best wiring diagram for the sr im swapping one in a wagon i picked up and the other night i wired up all the relays and fuse box but im not running the factory fuse box i didnt have it so where is the blk/white wire going to come from

• Like 1
hey icehouse i see that you have the best wiring diagram for the sr im swapping one in a wagon i picked up and the other night i wired up all the relays and fuse box but im not running the factory fuse box i didnt have it so where is the blk/white wire going to come from

black with white is acc/on during crank. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

The black with white should have power with key on and during cranking. Let us know how it turns out. Maybe a few pics :D

• Like 1

Dumb question time. Got an black top S13 with microtech standa lone. I'm looking at the wiring diagram and my SR alternator. I get from the wiring diagram posted earlier the ground goes to the screw in the back, and the thick white wire goes on the pole then to battery, then there is the plug with a thinner white wire and a white/red wire. I've got the plug but it has two white wires, one goes from one side of the plug to the other. I take it that one going from one side to the other I need to cut and take to the charge light light?

Picture of the plug from my alternator.

IMG_4549.jpg

I've got the plug but it has two white wires, one goes from one side of the plug to the other. I take it that one going from one side to the other I need to cut and take to the charge light light?

That's what I would do. I've never seen a plug like that before.

i know something is wrong. lol. wish i knew where to start...... the harness came from a running ka swap...... and checked the wiring for the relays and fuses, and it all matches the diagram..... odd that only that section of the ground burns up.... the rest of the grounds are fine...... so i am going to pull the front end wiring and start sorting . :( and i thought i was going to test drive the car saturday.... boooo oh and i am still confused...... i read to different answers about the orange wire...... i hear to hook it to the ignition switch, my buddy hup here who had a running ka swap says to hook it to the starter itself.....

i know something is wrong. lol. wish i knew where to start...... the harness came from a running ka swap...... and checked the wiring for the relays and fuses, and it all matches the diagram..... odd that only that section of the ground burns up.... the rest of the grounds are fine...... so i am going to pull the front end wiring and start sorting . :( and i thought i was going to test drive the car saturday.... boooo oh and i am still confused...... i read to different answers about the orange wire...... i hear to hook it to the ignition switch, my buddy hup here who had a running ka swap says to hook it to the starter itself.....

I had a push button start.

I spliced my orange wire into the wire that went to my starter solenoid so it got the power while cranking. So not the starter itself, the solenoid :P im sure you could do it up the wires at your ign switch but it was easier to have a short wire go right to it

hmm maybe someone can help me with this... i used the diagram...... double checked , then triple checked....... but everytime i try to turn her over, the ground wire closest to the ecu smokes and burns...... stumped........

If I was a gambling man I would put my money on no ground wire for the starter. Is your battery in the trunk? Did you run a BIG wire from the frame rail to the engine block?

Hmm that worries me a little, anybody got a good picture of an SR alternator, maybe the guy before changed out to a different one. Maybe off of a KA? The guy I got it from was running it in a dime wagon.

I've hooked up WAY to many KA, SR, VG, CA alternators. I've never once seen that style plug. If I was in your situation I would just hook it up, the worst that could happen is the alt. would overcharge. Just remember to check it after the car is running. Don't want to boil the battery over :D

I've hooked up WAY to many KA, SR, VG, CA alternators. I've never once seen that style plug. If I was in your situation I would just hook it up, the worst that could happen is the alt. would overcharge. Just remember to check it after the car is running. Don't want to boil the battery over :D

Cool thanks lol, I'm going to just do that, I mean the guy had it running before. I'm just cleaning stuff up, he only drove it when racing, me I want to be able to take the car for long road trips.

Cool thanks lol, I'm going to just do that, I mean the guy had it running before. I'm just cleaning stuff up, he only drove it when racing, me I want to be able to take the car for long road trips.

Just make sure the charging is around 13.7 and your golden :D

i used the stock KA braided cable ground..... and grounded it to the fire wall.... and the alternator is grounded to the body as well..... the starter grounds through the block right? i found a few blunders in the p.o.'s wiring today anyway..... there is a thick black with white wire coming from the fuse block.... its cut and goes no where..... and i dont see the black with yellow that goes to the starter stock..... must have spaced that..... do i need it?

ok, so i traced some of the mystery wires down.... got the car to start cranking.... i put another ground from block to body and that one started smoking.... i havent touched anything on the factory harness except for wires needed to install the KA.... gonna go buy a super thick ground cable and see if that fixes things..... crossing my fingers....