How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

How did you guys wire these up? I am confused with these... really! I wired the battery to the starter and then it has a tab for the starter signal coming from the ignition right? Does the starter need a ground too?

Then I wired the Alternator from the screw to the chassis as the ground. I am not sure where the Tabbed connector goes on the alternator... I know the alternator has to connect to the battery but the Tab connector wires seem kind of thin to go to the battery... Do I have this all wrong?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The diagram is for the KA to if you look close, there is one error I need to fix, the single cam also needs the brown wire hooked up for the idle air control valve ( I forgot about it when I drew the diagram because I removed the valve stupidly...) The only problem there are 2 browns in the single cam harness, the easiest way would be to hook both up and just make sure all the browns coming out to sensors you remove are taped off well.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
hey im new to the site and i was wondering if anyone had a diagram on wiring a 95 ka24de , im swaping this motor into a 69 toyota corona ..

You only need to locate this wires on the F3 connector. Use the relays as pictured previously in this thread.

95s14.jpg

• Like 2
how did you guy fit the ka's into those 510's? Did you guys custom fab motor mounts?

I'm pretty sure a KA has to have custom mounts to fit into the 510. The SR will bolt right onto the stock motor mounts though. Just to be sure, the black/white wire coming from the "fuse panel" on the wiring diagram can come from the ignition switch can't it? It's just sends power to the ecu when the switch is turned on right?

• Like 1

This has been covered a million times. Ka or sr will bolt up to the stock mounts on a flipped crossmember. To lift the motor a bit 620 mounts would be ideal. My mounts bind slightly. And a l series 5 speed tranny mount will work just fine. Read! Other peoples build threads. The black with white coil wire triggers the relay to power the ecu. Read up on what relays do and look at the wiring diagrams in this thread.

• Like 2
This has been covered a million times. Ka or sr will bolt up to the stock mounts on a flipped crossmember. To lift the motor a bit 620 mounts would be ideal. My mounts bind slightly. And a l series 5 speed tranny mount will work just fine. Read! Other peoples build threads. The black with white coil wire triggers the relay to power the ecu. Read up on what relays do and look at the wiring diagrams in this thread.

Did I ask what relays do? Didn't think so, so why the fuck would you even bring that up?

• Like 1

Not trying to be rude, but you had question marks on those last two sentences. Makes it look like you don't have a full grasp on what the black with white wire does. Just trying to help

• Like 1
Not trying to be rude, but you had question marks on those last two sentences. Makes it look like you don't have a full grasp on what the black with white wire does. Just trying to help

All I asked was if the black/white wire came from the ignition switch. I was just making sure the black/white needed power when you were ready to start the car, I know it powers up the coil on the relay though. Sorry, I had just got out of bed this mornin, wasn't really in a good mood!

• Like 2

Its cool dude. Now you know what to do. I've noticed some companies that offer sr wiring services run a 4th relay to power the coils. I know the advantage to it is that the coils get full power. If I end up with an sr in my car that's the way I'm going to wire it. Is there any disadvantage to this? Anyone running this set up.

• Like 2
Its cool dude. Now you know what to do. I've noticed some companies that offer sr wiring services run a 4th relay to power the coils. I know the advantage to it is that the coils get full power. If I end up with an sr in my car that's the way I'm going to wire it. Is there any disadvantage to this? Anyone running this set up.

Hmm that makes sense, but I haven't seen anyone who's done it. Maybe Icehouse will chime in on it.

• Like 2

4 relays? Wow I've seen a few setups with non :eek: To me it sounds like a sales pitch. How does the coil know where full power is coming from? If your wiring is sized right and the fuses aren't blowing it's fine. Maybe I can get Rob to post something :D

• Like 1

I agree with Jeff - if the wires and fuses are properly selected, then you don't need a fourth relay. All of that goes back to the idea of overkill versus engineering an efficient system. Certainly the fourth relay is possible, but not necessary. If you need an extra relay for those coils, then I suppose each coil should perhaps get it's own relay and fuse. Right? (no, not really - just an extreme example)

• Like 1

I wired my ka with the 3 relay set up. It works great. I was just curious if there is any negative effect on running a 4th relay on an sr. 3 relays is tried and proven . I guess if its not broke don't fix it!

• Like 1
I wired my ka with the 3 relay set up. It works great. I was just curious if there is any negative effect on running a 4th relay on an sr. 3 relays is tried and proven . I guess if its not broke don't fix it!

4 relays is a waist. The 3 relay system has worked for every car I have done.

• Like 1