How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks and whos running nismotronic with jeffs can/am box? Im having trouble with my maf signal. Debating buying a new ka wiring specalties harness or just trying again with an uncut s13 harness..wondering if anyone had trouble with maf/map when tuning

I think Josh is running that same thing on his 510 with the turbo KA 510, he's changed the title a few times so at the moment I can't think of it.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok last stupid question..pretty sure i know the answer but before i clip anything what wire do you guys have connected to aftermarket coolant temp gauges on s13 ka24de? Ik its the single wire to the temp sensor but what color / pin do i connect to the gauge?? Dont want to clip the one that sends signal to ecu

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I wanted to sanity check my plan with you guys to make sure I'm not going to fry anything.

I've got two fuel pumps in my fuel system - a low pressure pump before the surge tank and a high pressure pump for after the surge tank.  I also have separate relays for these pumps.  My plan was to use FP 1 from the CAN AM to trigger the other relays instead of a single pump like most folks do.  Does this seem sane?

Icehouse,

I've got an S12 VG30E ECU, so if you're still wanting to help somebody wire up one of these I'm all game :)

• Like 1

Hey all,

I wanted to sanity check my plan with you guys to make sure I'm not going to fry anything.

I've got two fuel pumps in my fuel system - a low pressure pump before the surge tank and a high pressure pump for after the surge tank.  I also have separate relays for these pumps.  My plan was to use FP 1 from the CAN AM to trigger the other relays instead of a single pump like most folks do.  Does this seem sane?

Icehouse,

I've got an S12 VG30E ECU, so if you're still wanting to help somebody wire up one of these I'm all game :)

Yeah I need to figure out if the wiring for the fuel pump.  I had a fix written down.  Now just to remember where it was written down.....  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

S13 KA24DE wiring

These are the connectors that you need.

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

swapchartframe1.jpg

I have more diagrams for S14 KA24DE, S13 SR20DET, S14 SR20DET kouki and zenki, LS1, VK56DE. I'll post them eventually.

On the S13 KA - does the orange wire off the ECU for "starter signal" have to route back to the fuse box/ignition or to the Can/Am box?

• 2 weeks later...

Please be patient with what is such a simple question but I'm getting brain freeze when it comes to where to start on wiring an SR20DE into my Lada Riva. I wont have power steering, ABS, Air Con or the Nissan wiper motor so I know I still have a lot of wires in the loom that I don't need but I don't want to cut anything out until I've heard the engine run.

My question is: Are the wires I need to attach to my relays all going into the ecu plug on the far left and if so do I just splice into them? Can I also check is the black/ white stripe wire just a 12v supply from the ignition for the starter?

Sorry for asking stuff that's already been covered but I've been reading various sites and this thread for over four hours now and my brain is turning to mush!

*picture not showing up for some reason. Will look into that tomorrow.

• Like 1

I think I've got most of it now. After finding a different diagram of someone else doing it I can see what most of it means, Is the black/ white stripe wire to ensure that the ecu still has power while the starter motor is engaged?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've located most of the wires, at least all the ecu ones, hopefully just a couple more questions. (SR20DE)

I've still to find the black w/yellow air regulator wire and the brown IACV ones. Is there a plug/ pin number that I can locate them from or is it best to unwrap the loom and just follow the wires from the components?

Does the black gorund wire in the diagram come from an ECU wire or is it just a separate ground from the engine to the body? I have a few different solid black wires in my loom/ harness.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

It's good to unwrap the harness.  You can see if those black wires join others and you can make sure you get the other wires going to the correct components.  That's what I do and I also don't fully tape the harness until it runs.... haha don't ask why :) 

• Like 1

I can guess why! :-) Thanks for getting back to me. Just need to work out what  an air regulator and an IACV look like and I should find the ends of those wires....

• Like 2

I've re-read this thread about five times now and it's making more sense every time. I've just passed the post saying don't cut any ecu wires, take them from white plug (plug 2 below). I've obviously cut the ecu wires already. Doh! Does it make a difference where they come from or should I reconnect them and use the wires at the white plug? That way I could wire my relays into the other side of the plug and it would be easier to get all wiring through the hole in bulkhead.

The white plug also has a solid brown wire (fairly thick) and an extra yellow w/black so presumably these are the ones I couldn't find when I was working from ecu plug. Does anyone know what this plug 2 is called so I can search for a pin out diagram please. Sure I've seen one somewhere.

Thanks!

4i9Kr2W.jpg

• Like 1

Have pulled the engine out again, try and get a better look down the side as there seem to be quite a few wires for the alternator and starter that I'll need to work out (ask other people about!) I googled IACV and Air Regulator for the SR20DE but not sure I can see them on mine. I found this yellow w black wire. Is this my air regulator? It doesn't look like the pictures I found but the wire's the right colour and it's in the air intake!

4xvG5yI.jpg

Does anyone know where the IACV is and what it looks like as I still have this brown wire to find. So many pictures and diagrams have been lost from various threads thanks to photobucket that it's getting really frustrating trying to find pictures of what I need.

• Like 1

Another question please, thanks and sorry! on the SR20DE non turbo diagram it says "injector +" as part of the stuff to connect to the fused ignition power. Is this a wire that has to be found on the engine or is it in the loom/ on a plug. Sorry if I've missed it in a previous post.

• Like 1

Plug "two" is where the SR hooked to the chassis in the original car.  You can cut that guy off.  If I remember right all the connection you need to make are there.  As of the IAC and the coil power it's sometimes easiest to un tape the hole harness.  Plus you gotta make sure to double check everything the fuel pump is tricky since they give you two black with yellow wires, gotta trace them out so they go the right spot..  I have the same motor in my daily driver 510, love it! 

• Like 1

Looking forward to getting this running. Really need it back on the road for the middle of next month. Should be double the power of the standard 1.5 Lada engine.

It will feel like 3 times the power.  SR's are so smooth and linear.  A good buddy just gave me a set of cams for mine.  Can't wait to see what it feels like after that.  

I'm still being really thick here. The most annoying thing is that I'm sure it should be so simple. Where it says injector + on the diagram am I looking for four wires (one per injector) or is there one wire feeds all of them? All the other wires have colours beside them. From the ECCS wiring harness pinout I have pin number 5 goes to ECCS relay and pin 46 goes to ECCS backup power. Where would the injectors normally get their power from in the 200SX?

0W1orzk.jpg

Pretty sure I've found it. There's a fairly thick solid red wire going into the plug that connects to the injectors wiring harness. Must be it. Traces back to a different plug on the loom but that makes sense as the ecu wont need to 'see' that power. This is my first encounter with efi so a steep learning curve.

• 2 weeks later...

wyvf1yh.jpg

I have the wiring 'done' but have obviously managed to get something wrong. All my relays click, the fuel pump primes and the starter turns the engine but it doesn't catch. I'm getting plenty of fuel fed up to the engine but don't seem to be getting fuel into the cylinders or a spark (spark plugs completely dry and no heat at all in plug tip after cranking)  so guessing something wrong at a pretty basic level. My first thought is that I haven't located the injector + wire. Have gone back to the harness and the wire I imagine to be the injector+ one is actually black with a red tracer (not solid red as I put in last post) This has 12v with the ignition on. I've labelled it 'A' in the picture. The part labelled B is what I think are the earth wires for the loom so I've just screwed them to the engine which is earthed to the body.

I've assumed that since the ecu has switched on the fuel pump that it must be getting power. Is this likely to be correct?

The orange with blue wire is definitely connected to the starter solenoid wire.

I have my voltmeter at the ready, what should I check first please?