Icehouse

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Semi-new to this forum thanks to a friend showing me a few posts that he has used on his wagon and other projects. I've read this entire thread for personal reasons not pertaining to a legit Datsun and am truly impressed with some of the info that I've come across.

You guys have helped me understand Nissan's ass-backwards approach to wiring and hopefully I can use some of this info when I dive into the wiring on my S13 here in the near future. I kind of want to find me a little Datsun pickup and toss one of my spare KA's into it as a daily now.

• Like 1

As in switching on the power side, not the ground side. I found it just as odd when I first started this stuff. I just hadn't ever thought about doing it that way, so ground switching seemed really odd.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

97 puts you in obd2. Difficulty goes up significantly as the computer is much more sophisticated and scans more sensors. That's why guys use the Z car stuff.

Plus the truck/suv engine harness is integrated into the body harness, requiring major work to separate the two. The cars have the two harnesses already built separately.

• Like 1

Okay that's what I was wondering.I guess now it's time to find a car to get the wiring and sensors off.

Or get a S13 singel cam KA24E -or- a Frontier/Xterra KA24DE and and go carb'd :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Complete novice when it comes to wiring. I bought Icehouses' box, I have a 97' KA24DE (OBD2) where do I start with the wiring?

With page 1 of this thread....

...and then sell that KA and buy a S13 OBD1.

• Like 2

Page 1 explains why s14 is the hardest 240sx harness use. It also gives the wiring diagram for that harness. Consult that diagram, the ask pointed questions about specific confusion.

• Like 1