How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is there a diagram for a vg30dett? i browser threw and seen no information pleas elet me know thaks it would be helpfull

If you can actually mount a vg30dett in one of your 620, and have all the plumbing done, we can probably figure out the wiring. But lets not try to figure out the wiring, until you are like 90% done with actually getting the motor in the car. (Im basically saying, look for a different motor)

I love the wireing diagrams you guys have built here ! ,and have been and still will install ecu under seat with relays and fuse block on front of pass seat mount on a piece of finned aluminum to relieve any heat , now at this time I am working on a Z fuse block with two extra fuses (10 total 510 has 8) I am going to use in my next swap in my wagon with KA24de so only ECU will be under seat and all except one fuse will be together on firewall or may double one up in the swap , we will post swap in projects .

• Like 1

If you can actually mount a vg30dett in one of your 620, and have all the plumbing done, we can probably figure out the wiring. But lets not try to figure out the wiring, until you are like 90% done with actually getting the motor in the car. (Im basically saying, look for a different motor)

haha well its acually for a freind of a freind..im going to be putting into a 75 280z lol so i know it will fit with some modifications..that i am not worried about but id hate to get it done and have him waiting on the wiring lol...i know it can be figured out but not by me lol ....

Hey guys, im new to the bored. Just wanted to say great thread.

Im a wiring idiot and need some help though. Iv got a s13 ka24de, 5 speed in a bmw. My whole car is super simple it'll run on toggle switches and push to start switch. no key necessary.

This is the only forum iv found that actually talks about the wiring to get a nissan motor started.

Iv got constant power to pins 46, 47, and 38. Pins 48, and 39 are grounded directly to the chassis. Like i said im a wiring idiot. Iv got power on my ecu, (led light is on).

I cant get spark to my coil? iv pulled the coil wire off the dizzy and tried arching it to a raw spot on the chassis and can't get anything. Like i said my setup is supper simple, i just dont know what wires need to go where.... and whats constant hot and what isnt.

Can someone please help me. eventually it'll be full megasquirt setup, and turbo'ed. But i just wanna make sure this motor runs first.

Thanks in advance

Did you follow everything on the first page? Sound's like your close.

is there a diagram for a vg30dett? i browser threw and seen no information pleas elet me know thaks it would be helpfull

I could do one but so far you are the only dude interested. I'm kinda lazy when it comes to making drawings. If you post some pics with the engine in and mounted somewhat completely installed I will do a drawing. Until then I'm going to continue being lazy :)

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I've never done a efi engine swap before. After reading this post I've learned a lot but am still on the fence on some things. I have a 70 521 and I'm looking into putting in a s13 ka24de. I have a lead on the engine, 5 speed, eng harness and the manual ecu. Was wondering if anyone has or could take pics of they're car/ truck wired and done, I'd like pics of how the can am box ( if used) and all the relays and fuses are wired and layed out in the car, then what the harness looks like going from the ecu to and from the fuse/ relay boards. Any help would be appreciated. I'm excited to do the swap just want more confedence before pulling the trigger. Thanks.

All of the 95+ KAs I done, I've used this chart.

95s14.jpg

Here is a pic of one installed in the orange car I just finished (as per request). A most excellent product BTW.

CANAMinstalledSmall.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the finished motor. It's a 96 OBDII motor, and I retained all of the smog equipment (except EGR), and tucked everything away to clean it up nicely.

newmotor2Large.jpg

newmotorLarge.jpg

What did you do about the 95+ not having a igniter chip and no 5th wire from the distributor...is there some special step to take to make sure it all works out?

I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  (What did you do about the 95+ not having a igniter chip and no 5th wire from the distributor).

I just use the chart above, and the chart for the CanAm box (if you're using one), along with a Chilton manual, and in 15 minutes it starts right up.

I knew i was not making a lot of sense, just didn't know how to word it. But you answered the question regardless HAHA. I was basically concerned with the fact that my distributor does not have a 5th wire going to a coil like most KA's do. All the write ups i've seen were done to KA24Es or KA24DEs with distributors that have an external coil, have not seen any info on the internal coil KAs. I got my truck wired up fairly quick with the can/am box, but had to double check everything and that took me some time lol. Just paranoid..... :rofl: Just need a few more parts until i can fire it up.

Can someone please look over the pic below and let me know if you see any problems with the wiring. Thanks in advance

Green = Ground (had no more black wire)

Black (Solid) = FP+ (one on the right)

Black (Solid) = on the left is the replacement wire i ran for the Black/White from the ignition switch on the datsun harness (old one was chewed away by zombies)

Black White = Ran that directly from the ECU

All other wires = Ran them from the F3 plug on the KA harness.

Edit: Also i plan on running a 60AMP for the red wire and connect it directly to the battery positive, but this is only a 12 or 14 gauge wire, so i'm going to bump that up to 10 or 8 to be safe.

58331E2C-35E2-44EF-AFCD-C7FD4A095F99-119

Ok my car wont start. Looks like i have no spark. Fuel pump primes for about three second when key is on acc then shuts off the light for fp on canam box also shuts off. I have no idea how to go about getting spark since everything seems to be conmected fine. And what do i do with the old ignition coil wires? Black/red and blue/white?

Are you sure you're getting 12v while you're cranking? Some cars require you to tie in the wire that used to bypass the ballast resistor.  (can't remember the color right off hand)

I deserve an idiot of the year award. All is fine, i had spark just couldnt see during the day, and found out the pump was pumping the wrong way lmao. Fires right up and purrs like a kitten.

I have a lead on a s13 ka24e with harness, ecu and maf. This car was an auto that it came out of, i have the 5 spd trans already, will I have any issues with wiring the auto ecu or will I need a 5 spd ecu?

We run auto ECUs with 5 speeds with our s14 KA24DE swaps all the time, no problem.

I'm not 100% on the Es though, but I'd imagine it's not much different.

For you guys looking to buy them, PM "Icehouse" for availability. He's very busy, but he will get back to you.

+1 on that one. And i really would reccomend these boxes. It's so simple, even for me.....and i'm a complete idiot when it coems to wiring. If i can do it, anyone can. HAHA.

• 4 weeks later...