How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The maf is hooked up to a cold air intake. If you disconnect the maf or the IACV it changes the way it runs. When I first start it up it seems smooth, but after about three seconds it starts to miss and run rough. It always runs rich.

Hey guys I have a 79 datsun b210 gx and I wanna swap a ka24de into my car, i am going to pullapart and get the whole drivetrain and wiring harness, and i have read some articles on the wiring, is the wiring in my b210 same as the 510 ya'll have listed here?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have a 1982 Datsun 210 an i'm putting a Ka24e in it...i tryed to message you for one of your can/am boxes but no reply if you still sell them please Lmk thanks.

He still sells them. Just takes time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No. Just an error in making the picture. If you simply grounded it, that would be a direct short with key on, and the relay would never turn on, not letting the ecu function.

The last relay is suppose to look Identical to the previous 2.

• Like 1

Haha thank god I figured that, I was like what the hell. It really threw me off. Thanks for the clarification. Another question, from the looks of the diagram are all the relays getting a constant 12 volt?

I mean from the looks of the diagram, seems like the fuel pump will always be priming.

The first and 2nd have constant power, but not ground. The last has constant ground but switched power. When you turn your key, you turn on the 3rd relay, the ecu then grounds the 1st & 2nd relays to turn them on.

FYI, the ecu does not provide power to anything, it just grounds things.

• Like 1

My brain isn't working and I need a bit of assistance.

Can/am box is wired up and all three lights are coming on.

Fuel pump is kicking on and pushing fuel.

Took out an injector and fuel is getting to the rail.

Pulled out Spark Plug #1 and I am getting spark.

It doesn't look like my injectors are firing, and my brain is so fried (no not drugs lol, just lots on the mind) I can't think of how to test them, or what steps I should be taking.

* Did some more testing, had a test light.

When one wire touching red wire of injectors (all 4 tested one at a time) and key to ON, the light came on.

When one wire touching red wire, and the second wire of injector and cranked motor, light never came on (tested on all four one at a time)

I Just noticed that when the key is in the ON position, all three lights of the CAN/AM are ON, and the Red/Green lights of the ECU are ON. When I turn the key to START, the lights for the CAN/AM stay ON, but the red/green lights of the ECU turn OFF.

My brain isn't working and I need a bit of assistance.

Can/am box is wired up and all three lights are coming on.

Fuel pump is kicking on and pushing fuel.

Took out an injector and fuel is getting to the rail.

Pulled out Spark Plug #1 and I am getting spark.

It doesn't look like my injectors are firing, and my brain is so fried (no not drugs lol, just lots on the mind) I can't think of how to test them, or what steps I should be taking.

* Did some more testing, had a test light.

When one wire touching red wire of injectors (all 4 tested one at a time) and key to ON, the light came on.

When one wire touching red wire, and the second wire of injector and cranked motor, light never came on (tested on all four one at a time)

I Just noticed that when the key is in the ON position, all three lights of the CAN/AM are ON, and the Red/Green lights of the ECU are ON. When I turn the key to START, the lights for the CAN/AM stay ON, but the red/green lights of the ECU turn OFF.

It helps if I have the orange wire from the ECU connected to the black/yellow of the starter NOT the black/yellow of the wiper motor.

It helps if I have the orange wire from the ECU connected to the black/yellow of the starter NOT the black/yellow of the wiper motor.

I was kinda alluding to that orange wire on FB right before you posted.

Fun stuff.

So I was sorting out and simplifying my wiring harness on my sohc ka and ran into a couple of things that had me confused. first of all, the can am box diagram shows to run the red wire pin 46 to ECU BUP on the can am box. so I cut this wire, labeled it and set it aside. as I split back the loom I find that 46 is the constant power for all the injectors.... Do I reconnect this and tap into this wire with another wire to ecu bup on the relay box? it doesnt show this but as its the constant injector power.....

also, it shows black/pink 106 to fp lss, but on my harness as well as the diagram Im going from 106 is pressure regulator solenoid ground, a purple wire. 104 is blk/pink fuel pump relay positive. So Ive got that figured out, just wanted to mention it.

Thanks

Okay so based on the stock 240 wiring diags the 46 constant power to injectors is spliced in 3 ways from factory, one to eccs relay, one to injectors, and one to ecu. So that answers my own question, I just reconnected it to injectors, tapped into this and ran to ECU BUP on can am box. Another wire was like this, can am box says to run black/red to can am box from ecu but it was also a wire that went out to coil, so once again I followed stock wiring diagrams and tapped into it only.

maybe this will help someone else that is confused with those couple wires.