• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1978 620 K/CKA24DE out of a 93 240sx with 5 speed

2012-01-21_15-10-04_442.jpg

2012-01-25_12-52-13_490.jpg

2012-01-25_12-52-34_597.jpg

So what part of the black/white wire do I use to connect it to the relay?

I am having trouble wrapping my head around this... Maybe it will make more sense when I start wiring it into the truck or maybe someone can help explain it to me?

The black with white on the KA is similar to a stock early datsun harness. It gets 12v in the "run" position and the "cranking" position. It runs the ECU and some sensors. So the part that is cut off needs to be extended to the ECCS port on the CAN/AM box. The reason it splits is because it's powering more than one item.

Is that your only question?

sorry.. so ive clearly mixed up the diagrams on my end since im boarder line retarded. im having a hard time fallowing the different write ups between the wire diagrams with just relays that ice house posted in the beginning on the thread and a the write ups people made attempting there own CAN AM install. RUN/ECCS/FP/ on one diagram vs FP ECCS/RUN on the other. Im simply getting the colors/ source/ pin number confused

.. im running a 93 ka24de big 30 sticker on the ECU so its a 1992-1004 OBD 1 ecu ..

ect.......

i thought black/yell was idle air- but my pin out clams its pink..?

brown - 02 sensor- .. pinout claims its white?

ecu back up power is RED -.. but diagram claims BLack white?

im fallowing an old s13 print out whats actully posted in this thread by someone. its had 3 harness pics with arrows pointing to thers color and source of the wire. ..

so this is embarrassing... why i could wire up sr20s and rb20's in 240s and now im confused and its depressing....

Just follow the diagram I wrote on the first page to a T and it will run. Some people have chosen to try it different ways.... I don't really like them modifying the way Rob and I have designed it but once it's in there hands there is little I can do. I've wired more engines than I care to remember... (Just got a S14 SR20DE running last night) and I've never had a problem doing it the way we have it setup. Have you made any progress since this post?

• 3 weeks later...

not so hot......... today i thought finally finished the wiring.

1.) The first problem is when i attach my battery terminals to the battery my starter kicks on and stays on unless i disconnect the power ... ugh..

2.) i have no lights and nothing turns on in the cab.

3.) if i disconnect the power to the starter and simply just start probing with my volt meter with key on power ( keys in the on position) heres what i find...

12v power at main cable

12v power to my main relay block

12v power to the main power point on the CAN/Am box

12v if i remove the relays within the box

i wired in the large KEY/PWR black/wht wire from my key switch to the orange start wire then ran it to the starter solenoid, *( lower positive cable straight from battery to that lug on the starter. i sandwiched that start wire it with a washer )

grounds are good. i ran all my grounds to it

No fuses are blown , no power to the LEDS,no power to my ECU .. im very very confused on what i did wrong... i fuesd and triple fused everything.

hardly any voltage drops or anything.

ill post pictures tonight of my usual " handy work"... ill try and figure out how to post pics after i weed whack some grass my neighbors are complaining about my yard,,,,

my lower harness is all plugged in correctly but i i clearly didn't power the old relays... id there a write up some where for it??

wait this just dawned on me.... how do i splice the old part of the harness from the 521 in? i probably didnt power up any of the old fuse relays.. ( .. just run the old starter wire to the KA starter?.. but then where do to old wires go?

any help????????????

not so hot......... today i thought finally finished the wiring.

1.) The first problem is when i attach my battery terminals to the battery my starter kicks on and stays on unless i disconnect the power ... ugh..

2.) i have no lights and nothing turns on in the cab.

3.) if i disconnect the power to the starter and simply just start probing with my volt meter with key on power ( keys in the on position) heres what i find...

12v power at main cable

12v power to my main relay block

12v power to the main power point on the CAN/Am box

12v if i remove the relays within the box

i wired in the large KEY/PWR black/wht wire from my key switch to the orange start wire then ran it to the starter solenoid, *( lower positive cable straight from battery to that lug on the starter. i sandwiched that start wire it with a washer )

grounds are good. i ran all my grounds to it

No fuses are blown , no power to the LEDS,no power to my ECU .. im very very confused on what i did wrong... i fuesd and triple fused everything.

hardly any voltage drops or anything.

ill post pictures tonight of my usual " handy work"... ill try and figure out how to post pics after i weed whack some grass my neighbors are complaining about my yard,,,,

my lower harness is all plugged in correctly but i i clearly didn't power the old relays... id there a write up some where for it??

wait this just dawned on me.... how do i splice the old part of the harness from the 521 in? i probably didnt power up any of the old fuse relays.. ( .. just run the old starter wire to the KA starter?.. but then where do to old wires go?

any help????????????

First question did you drive the truck before the KA swap?

The black w/white doesn't go to the orange or to the starter solenoid, it goes to the KEY POWER on the can am box. The black w/yellow goes to the orange and the starter solenoid. That's a start. Get lots of pics. That will help. I gotta get back to work :(

i still haven had time to look at my wiring job. im stuck in the middle of a 170k service on my wife's accord. does anyone see ant obvious mistakes ive made? :(

Get a close up of the box, make sure it's focused and I'll let you know.

Did you switch the black w/white wire like I told you?

it's a single cam KA?

its a KA24DE in a 68 521

i haven't had a change to switch the wires around yet. ill do it today. Ive updated my photo bucket album.

As for the mess of wires i figured id leave its exsplosed until i sorted out the bugs.

any suggestions on how to power my existing 521 relays that are mounted on the pass. side firewall?

thanx, Dan

update 2/28/ 12:05pm .... switched the wires around , still the same thing.

ANd if i attach the battery the starter solenoid still energizes .. ugh what the hell did i do........

KEY )-----BLK/WHT--------------- (snipped from the loop under dash before it enters the loom)--- CAN/AM/BOX

)----- BlkYellow----------------(snipped from under dash before it enters the loom) ----starter solenoid

still have no power to anything else. gauges,lights ect. the only thing ive been able to energize is the starter solenoid and run power directly to the CAN/AM .

(no clicks ,pops,sizzles, or anything..)

i need to power up that datsun fuse panel . the original wires that ran to the j13 alternator. are there, but how to i integrate it into my new harness?.. im getting way confused and this is very simple rudimentary stuff i shouldn't be messing up. :(

update 2/28/ 12:05pm .... switched the wires around , still the same thing.

ANd if i attach the battery the starter solenoid still energizes .. ugh what the hell did i do........

KEY )-----BLK/WHT--------------- (snipped from the loop under dash before it enters the loom)--- CAN/AM/BOX

)----- BlkYellow----------------(snipped from under dash before it enters the loom) ----starter solenoid

still have no power to anything else. gauges,lights ect. the only thing ive been able to energize is the starter solenoid and run power directly to the CAN/AM .

(no clicks ,pops,sizzles, or anything..)

i need to power up that datsun fuse panel . the original wires that ran to the j13 alternator. are there, but how to i integrate it into my new harness?.. im getting way confused and this is very simple rudimentary stuff i shouldn't be messing up. :(

There's more than one blk/wht wire under the dash of a 510 ..... :rolleyes: ..... . ...... you need to get the heavy guage blk/wht right off the key switch

get out your multimeter or test light and make shure the stock datsun fuse panel gets power,,, then sends power to the key switch,,, then to your blk/wht wire

Total noob at wiring but im pretty tech and mech savvy. I was wondering... do i use a KA24E wiring harness with the can/am or do i use a 510 stock wiring harness? Referring to the diagram it goes:(1) Engine Harness,(2) ECU Pin Number then (3)CAN/AM box.

Do i use 510 harness for (1) engine harness with (3) CAN/AM or KA24E harness for (1) engine harness with (3) CAN/AM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

**Oh and sorry if this questioned has already been answered, but if a kind soul could answer it again i would be eternally greatful.

Hey guys. Got a query. My can/am just started having problems.

The Fuel pump relay just goes haywire. Crazy clicking. You have to manually pull it for it to stop. The key has no effect once you try to engage the starter.

The fp ok led does not light. Nor does the fuse check led (even when you pull the fuse).

I can't find a fault any where. Even pulled the board and had my electronics trained uncle help me check individual components. No obvious faults.

Any ideas appreciated. Aside from that, I'm about to try mocking up a seperate fp relay for test/temp use. For the mean time, is there another slot on the can am I can wire the iacv wire? The other two relays appear to be fine.

Thanks

Total noob at wiring but im pretty tech and mech savvy. I was wondering... do i use a KA24E wiring harness with the can/am or do i use a 510 stock wiring harness? Referring to the diagram it goes:(1) Engine Harness,(2) ECU Pin Number then (3)CAN/AM box.

Do i use 510 harness for (1) engine harness with (3) CAN/AM or KA24E harness for (1) engine harness with (3) CAN/AM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

**Oh and sorry if this questioned has already been answered, but if a kind soul could answer it again i would be eternally greatful.

You need the KA harness and CPU to make the motor work.

VoidDragon, hopeefully someone will bealong shortly to help with your problem. :)

Update to my above issue. When I manually ground the fplss lead, (like with a test light) the relay will function. This however, makes it stay on even once key turned off.

Yes that is normal, the FP relay has constant power the only switched relay is the main one. There are several things that could be wrong. Call me next time your at the car it's easist that way. I don't like typing possible answers, it requires way to much typing.

206-913-1466 Jeff

Anyone else with questions can feel free to call as well.

I *believe* I've solved it. As in, its currently working.

I ran an extra wire from my grounding block and stuck it in with the ground from the comp on the can/am. The fp relay now functions.

I know,i know, grounds grounds grounds.

What confuddled me was that only one relay was affected.