Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KA24DE%252520wiring.jpg

basically you had too many things getting constant power. The relays are used to switch things on when needed.

As for the fan fuses, you need to figure it out for the fan you use. Just realize in this setup you are using the fuse cant be 70 amps or higher. If it needs to be, you will need to find power elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there any diagrams for the "lower harness"? Ie the alt/starter section of the wiring.

And yes I've read through the entire post, and while there are mentions, I'm still not 100%.

I've got several plugs and wires off the back of my alt, I'm un sure of what to do with. & what parts of the old harness do the replace? Ie the volt reg, distrubtor.

Any advice or diagrams welcome. I'm no putz, its just the voltage on this section (batt, starter, alt) gives me worry. I dont want to melt anything down.

Are there any diagrams for the "lower harness"? Ie the alt/starter section of the wiring.

And yes I've read through the entire post, and while there are mentions, I'm still not 100%.

I've got several plugs and wires off the back of my alt, I'm un sure of what to do with. & what parts of the old harness do the replace? Ie the volt reg, distrubtor.

Any advice or diagrams welcome. I'm no putz, its just the voltage on this section (batt, starter, alt) gives me worry. I dont want to melt anything down.

Pretty sure you just wire in the alternator to the existing spot on the 510 harness. But make sure do modify the 510 harness for internal regulator. Im not sure, but there may be a wire that goes to the ecu so it can monitor charging. Well of course hook it up if it exists, I dont know.

As for the starter, again we are letting the 510 harness control it as your ignition switch is plugged into 510 harness. 510 black/white plugs into starter solenoid for activating. Make sure to add the orange? wire to this so the ecu knows to go to start mode.

I guess my question really is the plug that goes into alt. Mine had a big white, and a small white/red. how do those correspond to the old harness? Mine old hardness has a yellow that splits between the volt reg & another relay that I'm honestly unsure of the purpose for. Then there is a white/black that goes straight to the volt reg.

I also put a 70amp fuse there because when you get the SR they usally come with the fuse fox from the S13/14 which had an inline 70amp fuse. So it's easy to steel it and use it on the swap. :)

snapback.pngvolksguy, on 07 May 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

Well thanks to a local guy that helped me with the wireing, my car now runs, BUT i have a starting issue. It takes forever for it to start up, it just cranks and cranks, i have to keep trying and trying for it to start. Now once its started, its not a problem, it will start right up again, but if it sits for a few hours, it takes forever again to start.

Did you hook up the orange wire to the starter solenoid?

Icehouse, What orange wire are we talking about? Where would it be coming from and what is its purpose?

Also, just the other day i tryed cleaning up the wiring and rerouting some of the the wires away from my exuast, and now i have an even bigger issue......

Now i cant get the injectors to spray. Well im assuming that thats the problem, since it starts up when i spray starting fluid down the throttle body, but of coarse it wont stay on, and i know the fuel pump is working becuase i can hear it, and also to double check, i disconected the fuel line right from the fuel rail, in its pumping fine and strong.

Which wires are in charge of making the injectors spray? and where would they be coming from.

By the way, if you dont remember, my 510 is a 1971, and has a 1989 VG30ET.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, im trying to drive it to the next Torrance Meet.

Icehouse, What orange wire are we talking about? Where would it be coming from and what is its purpose?

In your case with the VG, depending on what car you pulled the harness from, it is either Yellow or Black/Yellow. I believe it has something to do with putting the ecu in start mode.

The harness came out of the same 1989 300ZX.

Yellow, or black and yellow, Kool, thats a good start, i'll check that tomorrow. Where would the wire be coming from?

300zx should be yellow. It is part of the engine harness, should be coming from the loom that went near the starter. About all I know...

ThereIs a black with yellow stripe going to the starter, and the other only yellow is a yellow with black strip that goes to my oil pressure switch.

As far as the other wires on the starter, i also have a red that goes into my relays, and another red that goes to my alternator.