How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

deavat

i only mentioned something like the painless because i have not been able to find a wiring diagram that actually matched my harness. when i purchased the car it had an L20 in it.

Dont matter what L motor you have in there. Just maybe if you have a IR alternator of maybe a electric ignition but these are minor issues that one can fix in a 1/2 hour.

If I was you find out what is not working. if wires are melted clean them up separate then and match the colors back up and splice in new wire with heat shrink to make it look nice.

Paolo on the Dimequarterly sells colored diagrams but there might be different fuse boxes but these are minor issues.

lets not fill this thread up with to many more issues on this. go to the electrical sectionn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've been going over the wiring for my car, but I've come to a bit of a cross roads. I'm only using a CA18DE, with a FWD USDM engine harness. All of the wiring diagrams I have (1988 Nissan Pulsar NX Wiring Diagram) and the Pulsar factory service manual do not show an ECCS relay. I've read other posts where the DE ECCS relay is located via ECU pin 4, but they weren't USDM harnesses. Is it necessary to wire one in to the DE harness that I am adapting? I pretty much have everything else handled. I just want to make sure I don't miss anything. If necessary I can scan the pages from the factory wiring diagram I've been using.

I want to buy one of these boxes, how do I go about this?

Also, Im wondering if anyone can help me with the pinout. As I said earlier I have a VG30DE in a 91 240sx, btu the factory relay box is all hacked form a previous owners swap. Everything works in the car otherwise, and I got the gauges and consult port all set inside the car so I just need to power up this engine harness and I should be good to go.

Im using a brand new wiring harness from a 91 NA 300ZX.

Thanks in advance :)

M@

new on this forum. have here a 1971 datsun 510 wagon with a ka24de turbo. followed ur diagram and everything but my car is still not running. checked all power and ground but yet still the same. car crank, fuel pump work, ecu turns on. please help

new on this forum. have here a 1971 datsun 510 wagon with a ka24de turbo. followed ur diagram and everything but my car is still not running. checked all power and ground but yet still the same. car crank, fuel pump work, ecu turns on. please help

check yr spark plugs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok so here is the pinout for my engine harness

http://www.allpinouts.org/index.php/1990_-_1995_Nissan_300ZX_ECU

Ive got the dash harness all wired up with the cluster and consult working. I dont have o2 sensors so no worries on those. I think I can get most of these wires from the plugs under the hood that interface with the 300zx fuse box normally.

Pin 4 - AAC - Green/Blue, this is the Idle Air I believe

Pin 16 - ECCS Relay Coil Ground Trigger

Pin 18 - FP Relay Trigger

So far so good I think,

Where is the wire for the fuel pump output?

What exactly do I do with pins 49 (CU 12v White), 58 (Battery Power Supply White/Black), 59 (CU 12v White), 109 (Injector 12v White)? Are these maybe all tied together in the harness somewhere?

Is Pin 58 maybe ECU Backup Power?

Pin 43 - Start - Black/Yellow, can I just tap into the wire that triggers the starter and tie it into this?

Here are really the only 2 plugs I have left on the harness (besides ones that are obviously purposely not connected)

285522_876827937764_14307707_41824254_6542264_n.jpg

281911_876828117404_14307707_41824259_5315107_n.jpg

proof it worked once!

Ok so I did some more testing and think Ive identified some stuff

The 8 pin plug

Green - Pin 34 PS Oil Pressure Switch

Orange -

Black/Red -

Lt Orange - A16 ECCS Relay

-

Yellow/Blue - Pin 44 NPS

Black/Pink

Blue - Pin 46 AC Switch

and the 6 pin

Dark Blue

Green

Black

White/Black - Pin 58 Battery Power Supply

White - Pin 49, 59, 109 (CU 12v and Injector 12v)

Id like to ID the other pins, its hard by myself so Ill keep going tomorrow. Hopefully Black/Pink is the FP Relay and Orange is the Start switch, and Black/Red is the Ignition Power (but it seems like kind of a small wire).

Im still wondering where to find the connector for the AAC Power and the Fuel Pump output (I guess somewhere on the s13 chassis harness?)

EDIT Doh Im retarded, the start switch wire is on the dash connector inside the car so that should be all set already!

Also found the fuel pump wire form teh factory FP relay, so thats straight now too. Woot for progress.

• 2 weeks later...

OK fellas, I got a good one here. I've had this issue with my previous setup and got the CAN/AM box with the hopes that it may fix the problem. Here it goes:

72 510 wagon

w/ redtop s13 sr20det & harness

62 ecu and Apexi power FC same results

I originally had it wired the old way(original Icehouse) and had to run a switched ground to the ECCS relay to get it to run. Basically grounding the ECCS relay to activate the relays(fuel pump). I'm running my switched power to the blk/wht wire coming from the OEM fuse box. Tested it and it gets power when switched on. The CAN/AM box is wired up right and I tested continuity to the ECU on all the related wires. All are good. The only relay that activates is the RUN portion. The other 2 relay leds do not light up or activate. What gives? The orange starter signal wire is hooked up to the blk/ylw wire that goes to the starter solenoid. I have been going through this for a while and have honestly hit a brick wall. Any ideas buddy ol pals? ))

Got a spare ignition switch that you know is good laying around try that.

Damn, i don't have one. Anyone in San Diego have one?

BTW, can I run a switched ground to the ECCS LSS port? Just to get it running? That's how I rigged it previously but not with the CAN/AM box.

Dude that is the craziest thing I've ever seen! I've never been able to make the fuel pump relay pulse like that. Weird. I wish you lived closer so I could swing by and scope it out. Nothing seemed amiss in the video. I'll ponder it for a bit and let you know if I come up with anything.

• Like 1

Dude that is the craziest thing I've ever seen! I've never been able to make the fuel pump relay pulse like that. Weird. I wish you lived closer so I could swing by and scope it out. Nothing seemed amiss in the video. I'll ponder it for a bit and let you know if I come up with anything.

Word. I got it running with a grounding switch going to the ECCS LSS port. I am completely stumped on it. You know I've redid this sucka a few times different ways with the same result. I think it still may be an issue with the ignition switch and I have yet to swap it with a known working unit. It only pulses when the ignition is off and the LSS grounded. Once I turn it on it's completely normal.

Either way, it feels EFFIN' good to be driving the Goon once again!

thx

I'm installing a sr20 blacktop into my wagon having trouble with the wiring need to know which wire is the trigger for the computer to stay on because for some reason when I crank my car over the ecu turns off...

Should be the thick black/red wire for ECU or black/white striped one for eccs. Check out the first page and find the sr20det to 510 and that should be it. Do you have the E5 ecu? That harness gave me a problem with my Blacktop so I swap the harness to a Redtop #62 one.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read through numerous posts about the CANAM boxes, and wiring KA's in 620s 510s 720s etc......

and I seem to think I've got it down perfectly when I get off the computer, but then I start hanging out under the dash and I get all backwards and messed up.

I bought a marine fuse panel with 12 spots for fuses (the bottom half), and 12 seperate spots for grounding (the top half)

so I've made a very crude diagram of what I have, so that the wiring gurus could answer a couple of probably simple questions.

first of all, does this all seem correct? I'm especially concerned about the relays, ive never had to wire relays before.

What is the 3rd relay for? I was thinking the ECU, but then what do I use for the trigger (pin 86)? I'm thinking the ignition coil wire from the datsun... the fat black w/ white tracer? and would the output (pin 87) be the fat black w/ red tracer?

and lastly.... any input on what amperage fuses to use for 6 spots on the bottom right of my fusebox?

Datsun-Fuse-Boxjpg.jpg

any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I think it's ready to fire once i get this wiring buttoned up and get my battery installed/hooked up.

i'll be starting a build thread after its running, I've got quite a few oics of the swap progress.