How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so, this is a little differnt but i have a vg30det swapped into my 91 240sx. Im currently using the stock ecu and harness from the z32 rigged to work with the 240sx chassis harness. I came across this setup and am wondering if it would be possible to use this to clean things up. thanks in advance!

Yes the box we sell could be used in that application, however it would be possible to use the S13 wiring if you cross referenced the wiring diagrams. If you want me to do a drawing for your Z32 VG30DETT I will but need a FSM covering your exact model, which may be found here

I was wondering if anyone has seen how to wire a vh45de into a datsun iv seen a bunch in 240s never in a datsuniv looked a bunch but nothing and now i come to u guys for help the q45 is getting dropped off tonight and im not prepaired a bit please help me

Get me the correct drawing I could do a drawing like I have for some of the other engines. check the link I posted above and see if you can find a match for your harness double checking wire color and pin layout.

Get me the correct drawing I could do a drawing like I have for some of the other engines. check the link I posted above and see if you can find a match for your harness double checking wire color and pin layout.

I justed talked to my buddy that i got the car from and hes got the whole wireing digram on cd for the car... the link didnt have the 93 q45 stuff so ill try and get the digrams for u... i really apperciate the help

Yeah if your interested I could try and find the diagram and do a drawing.

I would be interested in an RB20DET diagram. I have a factory wiring diagram I can get to you if needed. Also have the R32 RB26DET diagram too. I have the RB20DET out of my car (replaced with an RB25DET). I want to put that RB20 in my 1970 240Z. This would be a handy way to do it. Clean and simple.

So looks like I will be buying two of these boxes. One for the SR20DE (N/A) swap in the trackday Dime and the other for the RB in the Z car...

Need to start working on my better half for the $300.... They are still $150 each right? Or has demand drivin up the price now? Just remember, I gave you guys a nice roller minty green 4dr... :-O

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Icehouse, is that CAN/AM wiring box suggested for all nissan engine swaps?

I still need to do, or get done my wiring of my 71 510 that now has a 1989 VG30ET in it, and i still dont know where to start, is that box going to be required, or suggested to make my install easier? If so, where can i purchase it? And How?

Icehouse, is that CAN/AM wiring box suggested for all nissan engine swaps?

I still need to do, or get done my wiring of my 71 510 that now has a 1989 VG30ET in it, and i still dont know where to start, is that box going to be required, or suggested to make my install easier? If so, where can i purchase it? And How?

First off this box isn't required but will make a cleaner install. I think I've done the VG30ET diagram, it maybe for the year before but might be the same, check it out in the how to section and let me know if your harness matches. You can do point to point wiring or use one of our boxes if you'd like. Right now we are back ordered so it will be a week or so. I will let you know.

I hope these CAN/AM boxes dont give people false hope that this is EZ a Super EZ swap.

Still alot of work and owner is responsible for not hacking up the orginal wire harness of the car. This is added and should make it EZer. But dont build a car cause this new box came out. You still need all the other stuff and hopefully good quailty from radiator ,fuel pump hoses, new clutch ect and this still takes money.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a question where does this thick blue wire with a red stripe go on my ca swap. i have it tied into the thick black wire with a red stripe, the other side goes to the coils. then i have the third end of the wire by the ecu connecter that goes no where. it has 12 volts running though it.

IMG_20110324_222713.jpg

i have a question where does this thick blue wire with a red stripe go on my ca swap. i have it tied into the thick black wire with a red stripe, the other side goes to the coils. then i have the third end of the wire by the ecu connecter that goes no where. it has 12 volts running though it.

IMG_20110324_222713.jpg

I assume this is from the 510 harness? By looking at my 510 wiring diagram it looks like the Blue/Red wire feeds power to the Wiper motor/Washer system. That would make sense it has 12 volts, it should have 12 volts on the run and acc position. I don't see that wire on my KA harness, but see it on my 510 harness...

Hope that helps.

I assume this is from the 510 harness? By looking at my 510 wiring diagram it looks like the Blue/Red wire feeds power to the Wiper motor/Washer system. That would make sense it has 12 volts, it should have 12 volts on the run and acc position. I don't see that wire on my KA harness, but see it on my 510 harness...

Hope that helps.

sorry that wire is in my ca18det harness. and im doing the swap into an ae86 corolla. that blue/red wire has three ends one goes to the coils, one goes to the main engine plug as shown here. ( http://www.frsport.com/SR20DET-Swap-Engine-Harness-Wiring-Diagram-Guide-SR-SR20_t_26.html ) and then the last one is just chilling by my ecu connector.

Im using a 1991 NA Engine Harness, the car is a 1992. The factory harness had been messed with, so if I can simply buy a box, wire it up to my engine harness, power, ignition, fuel pump, etc id be in heaven. I bought a brand new engine harness...I had it working sort of with the 94 harness that came on the motor, but I had to hardwire the ecu/fuel pump because the ECCS relay wasnt working right.

heres a whole album of pics of the car

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2311497&id=14307707

M@

Help help help !!!

Ok so I've got my 620 swapped and running however I am having issues with on of the relays. On the diagram on the first page the third relay is showing power to both pins 30 and 86?? Is that correct or am I miss reading it? The relay has power at all times and is warm and its draining the battery. Can somenone tell me if I wired it wrong?

I don't know what diagram you're looking at..... :huh: ... ... none of them show pin #30 or #86 ...... :huh:

Assuming you have a S13 KA24DE ... .. . the third relay is kicked on by a signal sent from the ECU (red/blk wire) ..

S13KA24DECANAM.jpg

The 3 solid red wires.... 2 go to the ECU and one goes to the injectors ....... .. is back up power for the ECU...... and "key on" power for the injectors

There should never be constant power to anything on the ECU,,,, unless the key is left "on"

I don't know what diagram you're looking at..... :huh: ... ... none of them show pin #30 or #86 ...... :huh:

Assuming you have a S13 KA24DE ... .. . the third relay is kicked on by a signal sent from the ECU (red/blk wire) ..

S13KA24DECANAM.jpg

The 3 solid red wires.... 2 go to the ECU and one goes to the injectors ....... .. is back up power for the ECU...... and "key on" power for the injectors

There should never be constant power to anything on the ECU,,,, unless the key is left "on"

orly.jpg

S13KA24DECANAM2.jpg?t=1302447812

Alright, wiring is just not my forte. No matter how easy anyone says it is I just hate doing wiring. But from what I can see on here there are "pins 30 and 86" on the relay, sorry if I wasn't clear on that part. My question is am I reading it wrong that the power from the battery is connected to both pin 30 and 86 on the relay? I understand that the red w/black is the switching or signal wire. I just don't get the power being connected to both pins per the diagram.

• Like 1

S13KA24DECANAM2.jpg?t=1302447812

Alright, wiring is just not my forte. No matter how easy anyone says it is I just hate doing wiring. But from what I can see on here there are "pins 30 and 86" on the relay, sorry if I wasn't clear on that part. My question is am I reading it wrong that the power from the battery is connected to both pin 30 and 86 on the relay? I understand that the red w/black is the switching or signal wire. I just don't get the power being connected to both pins per the diagram.

Yes, it connects to both pins 30 & 86 because the relay needs power itself to operate, and instead of the ECU sending power to the relay to trigger it, it uses ground to trigger it. Hence, the relay always has power going to pin 86, but the relay isn't turned on until the ECU grounds the red w/black wire via pin 4. The alternative would be if pin 86 on the relay was grounded and the ECU sent pin 85 +12v instead of ground, but it doesn't.

I find these wiring diagrams to be a bit confusing anyways, as in why the engine harness goes to the ECU, then spliced to the CAN/AM box?

Yes, it connects to both pins 30 & 86 because the relay needs power itself to operate, and instead of the ECU sending power to the relay to trigger it, it uses ground to trigger it. Hence, the relay always has power going to pin 86, but the relay isn't turned on until the ECU grounds the red w/black wire via pin 4. The alternative would be if pin 86 on the relay was grounded and the ECU sent pin 85 +12v instead of ground, but it doesn't.

I find these wiring diagrams to be a bit confusing anyways, as in why the engine harness goes to the ECU, then spliced to the CAN/AM box?

THANK YOU!!!!!

That was exactly the answer I had been waiting for!!

That pinout is not correct for all years and models mine has different colored wires on the pinout, i wish someone could help me figure out what ive got so i can get this thing wired up!!!

Nissan changes wire colors without changing the pinouts, so you need to trace the wires and see if they go to the same things.

I have a probably stupid question.. in the wiring siagrams all i see is a ground coming out the origonal 510 fuse box thats being used..? then the ca am gets seperate power? so whhat needs to be done on the origonal 510 harnesS?

.. in the wiring siagrams all i see is a ground coming out the origonal 510 fuse box thats being used..?

What???? ..... .. the only wire from the stock 510 fuse box is the Blk/wht stripe wire (old coil wire)

the CAN/AM box makes it SO easy . . and it is WAY safer than running everything off the old coil wire.. .. . I don't see a ground wire off the fuse box? .... :huh:

S13KA24DECANAM.jpg

then the ca am gets seperate power?

the CAN/AM box gets seperate power from the battery after a short piece of fuseible link wire ..... . . and then connected through the supplied crimp on ring connector (at any of the 3 inlets):

5579449846_73957be586_b.jpg

all i see is a ground coming out the origonal 510 fuse box....... so whhat needs to be done on the origonal 510 harnesS?

I made my own grounding block for all the KA grounds, and all the stock Datsun grounds ... and grounded it directly to the battery ground: .. and I have about 40 hours into this:

5629248894_c4dc4609bd_b.jpg

5628667165_51afd06f08_b.jpg

5629249062_241b1a6fb0_b.jpg

• Like 1