looking for a clean pick up

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn its a automatic

All my Datsuns have been 5spd's until my red truck. It's the first automatic datto I've owned & admittedly I was bummed at first but I wanted a KC & they're somewhat scarce in CA. I had EVERY intention to swap it out for a 5spd & have all the parts minus the tranny to do so BUT I have to tell you, I LOVE driving it. It does 70mph all day long no problem & no it doesn't sound like its going to grenade. 

YES there is nothing like banging gears on a whindy mountain road, I grew up & learned to drive on those kinds of roads but don't write off an auto trans datto until you've driven one. You may be surprised. After all, I'd rather have an auto datto awaiting a transplant than no datto at all.

BUT I have to tell you, I LOVE driving it. It does 70mph all day long no problem & no it doesn't sound like its going to grenade.

^^^Listen to what Heretic is saying. My old '74 truck was an auto. I loved driving that truck. Wish I never sold it. Now I have a '75 with a ZX 5spd. I don't enjoy it as much as my '74 auto.

Pm me if you still have not found a truck. I might part ways with my truck.

In a traffic jam nothing beats an automatic transmission. I hate going back and forth from first to second a thousand times. That is the main reason my truck with its manual is NOT a daily driver.

i saw it, it looks clean how does it pull with the vg in it?

It pulls really well. I really like it a lot, don't have any use for a L motor anymore at all. I have just come to the decision that I want a more comfortable vehicle than a 37 year old truck. Yes, I am getting old. :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.