Pinky and the Brain another dime

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ur in luck

It is on the selling block, and might be the last one kinda losing enthusiasm .

nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you can never stop you do amazing work 

I am sure it it the best work I have seen on 510,s 

just slow it down a bit 

Met the keeper yesterday its official pinky is mine!!! I will be picking her up in a few in a few months or when ever he gets done with a few things i want sorted out. I got a great deal, great car and made some new friends.. Met Atom as well super cool dude.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

That brings back memories and sometimes nightmares. Solo wanted to buy the car and end up backing out after requesting a shit ton of work be done to it first. Then Windowlicker fell in love with it bought it drove it home realize that it smoked a little bit and we ended up doing an entire complete l20b engine rebuild and carburetor rebuild. However now it's a pretty badass Datsun. The yard look much better with 2 doors 3 years ago.

• Like 1

It's not always fast. I'm working on a 68 4 door for a guy n LA and it's been here going on 3 years. Lost friends because it takes me years to paint some of these cars.

Most of my work is never seen. Once people get their cars back it is sometimes unlikely to b finished. 4 of the last 6 cars I painted have been that way.

• Like 1

It's not always fast. I'm working on a 68 4 door for a guy n LA and it's been here going on 3 years. Lost friends because it takes me years to paint some of these cars.

Most of my work is never seen. Once people get their cars back it is sometimes unlikely to b finished. 4 of the last 6 cars I painted have been that way.

I totally understand what James is saying. I just finished extensive repairs on a car, I've had it for about 8 months. But right up front I told the guy (really good friend of mine) that I was going to be doing the work in my "spare time". He knows that I have three kids and run my own business, and he was suitably patient through the whole process. He was willing to wait because he was confident in my ability and because I was saving him thousands of dollars. Because he was patient, I really enjoyed the project instead of growing to hate it near the end.

Rare to find an owner who really understands what it takes to get something done. This ain't Overhaulin'

• Like 2

That is more along the lines of what I've experienced. Whenever I'd see a car getting broken down to a shell for a resto I'd think to myself "that's never getting finished", most times they didn't. And if they did it took years like you said.

I've never seen high quality bodywork happen quickly, it takes forever. 95% is in the prep.

Well anyway my hats off to you man. You've completed quite a few that I've seen and they turn out beautiful!