WTB: Datsun...anything? $6000

Well i started out looking for a datto pickup. Since then I've seen some ultra awesome examples of 510s. That being said, I'm pretty open to the model at this point. Lookin for anything prior to '79 RUNNING with LITTLE TO NO RUST. Pickup, wagon, coupe, 4 dr, whatever. Since I'm a little hot to get this for summer I've "upped" my budget to $6000.

I'm not looking for a project and I want to stay within 1000miles of Milwaukee.

I had a 280Z that i sold to my brother but never drove it. I am a true Dasun lover but I'm new to the scene so if anyone has any advice or pointers, i would greatly appeciate it!

• Like 1
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/53617-1972-2-door-510-og-granny-car-97k-miles/ Have this on shipped to you for around or less than a thousand. And your welcome, I just change your life.

I love everything about this...except the auto trans :(

posted quiet a few on for sale section of forum.  Most are from West coast.  Yep..you may have to take that chance and get it shipped.  Find out how much it cost to shipped to your area.  Good luck.

Thanks guys. You are confirming what all of my research has been telling me. 90% of the clean Datsuns FS are on the West coast or down south. That being said, are there any questions i should be asking beyond the standard car-buying questions? Inherant problems? Want to make sure I dont have any surprises if i do get it shipped.

Thanks guys. You are confirming what all of my research has been telling me. 90% of the clean Datsuns FS are on the West coast or down south. That being said, are there any questions i should be asking beyond the standard car-buying questions? Inherant problems? Want to make sure I dont have any surprises if i do get it shipped.

Clean title? Rust issues? Has the engine been rebuilt, if so any proof like receipts? How's the ompression, does it smoke, leaks, does it overheat?..you can do as much as you can, but these cars are over 40 years old.  Something is always going to come up.  Expect the unexpected.  Good luck.

Yep what he said^^ ,, and that thing hauls balls down those winding ass country roads up and down Mt.Rainer with those 4 wheel disc breaks he has got on there ,,, i tell you what..

And I drive a 510 that was kinda ment to take the corners.

Dont be scared of autos... they are easy to change out for pretty cheap (most times) and when you exclude those, you lose out on some decent cars because everyone thinks autos suck. If youre really serious about getting into the Datsun game sack up. Auto swaps can be done in just a couple hours. Cake. 

• Like 2
Dont be scared of autos... they are easy to change out for pretty cheap (most times) and when you exclude those, you lose out on some decent cars because everyone thinks autos suck. If youre really serious about getting into the Datsun game sack up. Auto swaps can be done in just a couple hours. Cake. 

Thanks for the tip. I'll snoop around and see how its done.

. Auto swaps can be done in just 8 beers... 

WOW thats pretty quick. I may just have to time myself :thumbup:

So soon???

Datto heads! Whats up new member here and new owner of a 1973 620 pick up...I've been putting in work on the dats and it seens like I need a new carburetor...any suggestions..someone told me I can put a r1 yamaha carb...????

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.