Truck Wont Start!!!

Silas

I was driving down the highway when my truck started to die every time I stepped on the gas. If I let off the gas it would Idol but then it just died. Now it will not start. It wants to turn over when I turn the key but wont. What kind of a problem would you say this is? Maybe the Carburetor? I was hoping someone could enlighten me????!!!!:confused:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has to be a big Clog!!!!!!!!!

most time if filter is plugg is youll lose the top end as the float bowl empties

But at idle it barely uses any gas unless the idle jet plugs up at the same time. or this all failed(fuel pump) and plugged up at the same moment.

I think the fowl was going low where you loss the acell pump then just ran out of gas in the bowl.

needle valve on carb stuck closed

accel pump diapgram bad

fuel pump.

I can hpefully assume you cked for spark and not say its elelctrical

First off what carb is on it? If you have the hitachi carb there is a little screen on the top of the carb at the fuel inlet. They get clogged and do exactly what you describe. My 720 did this once and it took me a while to figure it out, but once the screen was cleaned it was good as new.

Look at the sight glass on front of carb, is there gas at the half way mark???

Do as Hainz says and pull your hose and crank into a pail (did I just say that?) Gas? no gas?

Replace in line filter, pull inline filter hose off and blow in end. Do you hear bubbling in the tank. If so then the line is clear.

Pour a couple of tablespoon fulls of gas in garb and fire up. Don't look down carb when doing this, I did say 'fire up'.

Look at the sight glass on front of carb, is there gas at the half way mark???

Do as Hainz says and pull your hose and crank into a pail (did I just say that?) Gas? no gas?

Replace in line filter, pull inline filter hose off and blow in end. Do you hear bubbling in the tank. If so then the line is clear.

Pour a couple of tablespoon fulls of gas in garb and fire up. Don't look down carb when doing this, I did say 'fire up'.

OUCH! no more eyebrows:eek: