WARNING ABOUT Z FORCE PRODUCTIONS

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, sorry to see this is the result. The quality is def lacking and the waiting is unacceptable. He really needs to get his shit together if he plans on staying in business  The only thing keeping him afloat is that there isnt much comp for products like these. 

Its really a shame too I have seen his stuff in person. These flares in particular, which looked great on Clives z. So inconsistent though it seems like you have to roll the dice when ordering. 

well thats pretty shitty... hope you get that shit sorted out.

i was looking into buying his "Chromoly" rear LCAs but if thats the type of craftsmanship you get in his products, id be pretty insecure about his welds holding up to any sort of abuse..

the products shown on his sight do seem legit.

34724032.jpg

• Like 1

I worked for a guy like that a few years back. We would get 10-20 calls/emails a day complaining about quality or missing shipments. Just taking peoples money without a care in the world. He also made fake shipping labels in some cases just like this clown. On my last day I forwarded all the complaint calls and emails directly to his cell phone and had a really long lunch. It bothered me that he was blatently lying to people and letting all his employees take the heat.

Send in some letter head from your local attorney and demand your money back, I hate horse shit like this. You get what you pay for, and in this case I believe you deserve to get a far better product for that price. I can't lay glass to save my life outside of patching a surfboard but I can tell that is just down right crap. Just a cheap excuse for product. Drive down and deal with it in person and I bet the refund check gets made out fast

Damn, sorry to see this is the result. The quality is def lacking and the waiting is unacceptable. He really needs to get his shit together if he plans on staying in business  The only thing keeping him afloat is that there isnt much comp for products like these. 

Its really a shame too I have seen his stuff in person. These flares in particular, which looked great on Clives z. So inconsistent though it seems like you have to roll the dice when ordering. 

Thanks man, and I tried to give justin more than enough room to make things right, hopefully that shows in the messages back and forth.

I also tried to keep my aggrovation to a minimum. .. not because I wanted to but because he had me by the 500 $ balls...

damn that shit sucks man but there still useable but you would have to paint them which voids the point 

The thing is they are verry weak fealing, as tho they will burst into peices.... I did not pay for this level of quality. ... I paid for the best showroom quality there could be... even tho my car is no where near a show car, I should have got a a+++ flare for that price. And he should have b3n honest about the ship time, and he should have ben honest about when he shipped them, I got lies, excuses more lies more excuses and end the end these flares showed up over a month late, and total crap.... and on my birthday too.... so I spent half of my birthday arguing condition, and what he represents as a great product.... total suck. Suck suck suck... and I hate him.

• Like 1
you should get to keep those shitty flares and get new ones

If I hadnt gotten lied to sooooo many times, if he would respond to my messages without having to post to his zfp facebook page, if he hadnt have told me the only problem is me being impatient ... them maybe that would be exeptable...

But id rather run rusty fenders or 70 $ Chinese ebay flares than to see this tool fead his kids with my money.

Looking at his website is a no-go for me.  You can tell a lot about a business by how their website looks.  That one seems cobbled together.  Given web presence these days, it's a dead giveaway.  Look at FutoFab's site, Techno Toy Tuning's site.  All are easy to navigate, not in a blog style with information.  They probably had to pay a guy to do it, but given the level of quality I got from TTT, I'd say it was well worth it.

• Like 2

oh my, where to start. the price is a rip. hes got at most 75 bucks in materials in those flairs.. a full carbon set 100 bucks. and thats pushing it. the carbon was over worked, leads me to believe they were made from scrap material to begin with... so material cost is virtually zip. there is not enough epoxy in the part... i very much doubt the part was vacuum bagged, this is evident in the trapped air bubbles between the face play and the tool surace. looks like open cure hand lay. they should have been made using infusion. i would wager a beer that they were not post cured. or cured at all. first time they get hot they are going to distort. can u find out what shop he had those made at so i know who to avoid? seeing crap like this just upsets me because it gives us legitimate composite guys a bad name when someone starts sending out hack work. 

I wish I could c dub, but justin is fast to pass blaim, but wont name names.... and I dont want to guess and sully the name of some one who had no part in these shits.

But thank you for explaining to me what im looking at, I know there shit, but im not a carbon fiber guy so dont know the process, other than the youtube videos ive watched since this all started.

I've known him for a few years, and the first time I bought something from him, I read the reviews. I was in the area picking up a part anyway, so I stopped by to see one of his ZX Gnose kits. Not the best quality, but he was trying to offload them and he gave me a decent deal ($100 off). Everyone I tell about buying stuff from him is that I would never trust him shipping anything he sells, since I've seen him pack the stuff in his house.

The one good thing he has done for me is that I went to pick up another part from him, got there and he never showed up/ wasn't picking up. BAsically I drove about an hour and a half for nothing. Got a call from him when I got back saying that he would deliver it to me personally, which he did and took another $50 off for basically wasting my time. Granted that should have never happened anyway, but he did set things right in my book.

im half tempted to start producing those flairs myself. actual aerospace quality stuff. ill have to crunch some numbers and see what my setup and tooling costs would be, but im sure i could undercut his price by at least a hundred bucks and make them full carbon. only thing thats really limiting me is free time to dedicate to another project. ive got too many right now to invest the cost into manufacturing tooling myself. ill bring it up to the company i work for, i might be able to get them to offset my cost by bringing them in. 

• Like 3

Start producing every panel in CF lol you would make a mint. Justin does a bunch of parts as he bought out a businesses molds but I dont think he offers all in cf. 

• Like 1

Well his molds arent the problem. I have seen good quality wide zg's from him 1st hand, more then one set too. The prob is he subs all the work out to shops and lets them use his molds. That combined with not making large runs is why his prices are what they are and time frames are sketch. Had he the time and ability (or anyone for that matter) the prices would be lower and turn around time shorter. 

He gets screwed too. It was a few months ago he was posting how a new shop he decided to try screwed up an order of like 10 parts, thousands of dollars. Things like hoods, flares, gnose etc... the quality was so bad I couldnt even believe it. Hoods detached from supports or like entire corners missing etc... just blatant mistakes and damage. He had to chase them down for a long time and I still dont even thin khe got all his money back.  

I'm not defending him at all, please dont argue what I'm saying because its just for insight on the situation. I'm just saying hes in the middle too. Imagine ordering 5 sets of flares for people then getting them and finding subtle flaws in them. So now you either go back and fight the shop over what they will consider small flaws, which already has your money, while at the same time 5 dif people are on your ass daily about where their shit is. Odds are that shop isnt going to give you a full refund over it just a discount. That means you have to sell 5 flawed sets and hopefully recoup what you can. That or you mail them out and if you get 3 people happy and 2 pissed that thats just what it is, you do what you have to to make them happy. Maybe sell the 2 returned sets as flawed and give the people 2 new sets off the next batch.  

He needs to step up and make large runs so he isnt on a per order basis with his back to the wall. If he had 20 sets he could say on I have a set ready to go for you that I know is good. Getting an order then having to have them made leaves no room what so ever.