280z MC on 510 - Stock 510 Pushrod? Retainer Clip? - Kinda urgent...

demo243

Cant find an answer....

Installing a 280z - NOT ZX - Brake MC on my 71 510-

Stock the 510 pushrod is held in with a clip to the MC - doesnt seem like the washer will fit under the clip on the new master (280z)

Can anyone confirm that the 510 pushrod will work and wether or not to clip it in - 

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched forever and couldnt find  an answer on whether or not to use the clip... long story short- you can't- but the 280z MC bolts right up,

Ended up having to replace those short hardlines out of the master as well. First master I got from autozone leaked like a sive while i was bench bleading -went to another autozone and miraculously found another- this one was actually much nicer... same part though...

much much stiffer pedal feel -although not a bad thing - but my car is set up as a race car and not a daily.

From what I remember, many years ago, the guys running the 280Z master cyl had to make a smaller custom sized washer to make it work. Maybe check in the back issues of the dime quarterly. They are available online for free, here:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0ByCvxnHNk90SYzc4N2E1MWEtMzg0MC00YTE4LTkxZGQtM2RjODA5ODA1YjU1/edit?pli=1