69 datsun 510

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that 70 sold quick, too.  This is partly what I'm getting at.  This one and the BRE replica will sell quick for the price. I've seen and experience this for the last 12 years or so, hacing owned, 2 wagons and 71 510 2 door, and they are getting harder and harder to find, specially 2 doors.  So time a waistin...if you got the money buy it..if you don't then buy a roller and fix it up to your hearts desire, simple as that, no more, no less.  No paralysis by analysis. You snooze you lose.

It's a '69 dash with flat top and vertical heater controls, ignition on the steering column. Wiper location is '69 and up. Grill doesn't have either '68 or '69 badges could be '70 or newer. Most of these things are mix 'n match except the rear tail lights which are '69-'73 .

... and it's a nice car. Dogleg or 71B 5 speed?

This is what I have found most people want more of a project while the others don't have the funds. Or better yet they show up with a beat up 89 240 for trade or 4500 cash.

yep..seems like from younger crowd..had a young one asked if I can trade his Honduh for my 510 and maybe some cash..WTF, maybe some cash :rofl: ..I said nope and did not want him to look heller tupid in front of his friends. A lot of people just don't understand that our cars are getting rarer and rarer and when they see a car like yours they can't grasp how much work, research, resource and money, blood and sweat equity that Datsun owners go through.  I say it's a very good buy and see about BAT, bring a trailer..you'll get more hits.

yep..seems like from younger crowd..had a young one asked if I can trade his Honduh for my 510 and maybe some cash..WTF, maybe some cash :rofl: ..I said nope and did not want him to look heller tupid in front of his friends. A lot of people just don't understand that our cars are getting rarer and rarer and when they see a car like yours they can't grasp how much work, research, resource and money, blood and sweat equity that Datsun owners go through.  I say it's a very good buy and see about BAT, bring a trailer..you'll get more hits.

I'm getting some good hits here thanks to a lot of kind words and appreciation from guys like you, but I'm not in a big rush to sell it cause I look at what I have in it vs what I'm asking and it hurts a little.

It's a '69 dash with flat top and vertical heater controls, ignition on the steering column. Wiper location is '69 and up. Grill doesn't have either '68 or '69 badges could be '70 or newer. Most of these things are mix 'n match except the rear tail lights which are '69-'73 .

... and it's a nice car. Dogleg or 71B 5 speed?

Thanks and I don't remember which 280 the tranny came out of. Probably 71b but it has a 1 piece driveshaft as well now. Also just FYI ingnition is on the dash not column. Only the manual choke is on the column. You seem to know way too much about these cars if that's even possible I'm learning more trying to sell it than when I was part shopping. Lol
I'm getting some good hits here thanks to a lot of kind words and appreciation from guys like you, but I'm not in a big rush to sell it cause I look at what I have in it vs what I'm asking and it hurts a little.

if you don't have to sell, I would wait it out.  BTW did you do most of the stuff on the car?

if you don't have to sell, I would wait it out.  BTW did you do most of the stuff on the car?

Quite a bit, but it came with different parts that I picked through. There were a few things I found that I didn't like so I went over the car again except the body and interior.

A lot of people just don't understand that our cars are getting rarer and rarer and when they see a car like yours they can't grasp how much work, research, resource and money, blood and sweat equity that Datsun owners go through.

Yup.

This stuff is hard. ;)

I've been "stalking" the classifieds adds of Ratsun for about a year now.  This car pushed me to sign up as a member so I could comment.  Very nice ride...similar to the things I would want to do (same year and body too).  I'm still working on convincing the "boss" that a 510 is necessary.  ughh....

Hope your able to sell it....wait....I kinda don't.  :-)

I've been "stalking" the classifieds adds of Ratsun for about a year now.  This car pushed me to sign up as a member so I could comment.  Very nice ride...similar to the things I would want to do (same year and body too).  I'm still working on convincing the "boss" that a 510 is necessary.  ughh....

take her out to a nice dinner and help her around the house... :thumbup:

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than ask for permission.

Thanks and I don't remember which 280 the tranny came out of. Probably 71b but it has a 1 piece driveshaft as well now. Also just FYI ingnition is on the dash not column. Only the manual choke is on the column. You seem to know way too much about these cars if that's even possible I'm learning more trying to sell it than when I was part shopping. Lol

There are at least 5 five speeds that will fit the L motors not even counting the competition boxes. If from a 280z it can only be 71b.

There are at least 5 five speeds that will fit the L motors not even counting the competition boxes. If from a 280z it can only be 71b.

Ok that must be it then I just wasn't aware only one 280z tranny would fit. I didn't want to assume and wind up looking like a fool. Lol

May have a buyer thanks to you great folks here! Y'all must be in sales judging by the way you push a product lol. Car is still available til I have cash in hand. Also, to the guys making offers, when I'm asking 8500 I don't think you are justified offering 6k. I understand everyone wants the best deal possible, but even at my asking price it's a good deal. Maybe we need to start a thread titled 'art of negotiation'. Sorry about the rant but I like to spend my free time with my family and hobbies! Not sending replies and photos to people who have no intention of buying or are out of their budget. Thanks

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.