highdesertdatsun

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mirrors on

DSCN1264_zpsd1e92b6c.jpg

Can you post more detail pics of the mirrors?  Are the original?  Where'd you get them?  Can you post dimensions of the base (length x width) and distance between mounting screws?

The interior mirror is 67 VW sedan. The door mirror came off a old

Maverick of somting at JY.the vw mirror came be obtained easy on eBay.

The are a good mirror. Ball and pivot are tough. I'll try to measure but I'm

no cad drafter bad ass like you. You should make us a inner fender chinga

template with those mad skills. I'll measure and post mirror specs tommarow.

The interior mirror is 67 VW sedan. The door mirror came off a old

Maverick of somting at JY.the vw mirror came be obtained easy on eBay.

The are a good mirror. Ball and pivot are tough. I'll try to measure but I'm

no cad drafter bad ass like you. You should make us a inner fender chinga

template with those mad skills. I'll measure and post mirror specs tommarow.

Thanks.  I'm trying to replace the plastic Dumbo-ear door mirrors on my truck with something more like the round ones you did on your door.  The ones I have don't seem period correct for a '68 Datsun... they are embossed with "Nissan" on the back sides, but the seem like something that would have been on a later model... maybe a 620 or 720 (??).  However, I don't want to drill new holes, and I don't want an obvious un-faded paint area to show after I swap mirrors, so I need to find something with a similarly sized base and screw layout.

datsun04.jpg

Thanks.  I'm trying to replace the plastic Dumbo-ear door mirrors on my truck with something more like the round ones you did on your door.  The ones I have don't seem period correct for a '68 Datsun... they are embossed with "Nissan" on the back sides, but the seem like something that would have been on a later model... maybe a 620 or 720 (??).  However, I don't want to drill new holes, and I don't want an obvious un-faded paint area to show after I swap mirrors, so I need to find something with a similarly sized base and screw layout.

datsun04.jpg

720 mirrors, cannot tell if early or late 720 with this photo, but likely late.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm not going into the auto carpet biz. I came out fair. Problem areas I had where finding

a old school rubber trim for brides switch so we listed the boarder as the other areas. Its came

out ok the major tweek to my paradise carpet as planed is the shifter hole . We tryed to install listing

around shifter area but because the surrounding carpet was large it was hard to manage in the

Opening of the sewing machine and trying to turn around the circle of shifter hole proved fucked

atleast . So anyways I thought lokar shifter boot would save me. Thought that's is I drilled

the holes but I one spot it grabbed the carpet pile and unraveled a row under the seat.ouch.

So I ready to go home shifter looks good except for carpet Pyle you wouldn't notice unless

looking. OK this is funny to me . Nikki is in shop so I go to.pull her out lock up shop go home

Fail shes a little whahlered out on her shift linkage. She been around . The retainer for my fancy

Shift boot overlapped the boot a red hair. But she wouldn't go into reverse. She rejected the

fancy boot. I had to unscrew the boot retainer to drive home. She showed me. Ha ha

Soon she will have a 67 trannk with restored linkage and sincroed first gear so then

I believe she will accept the boot. Cause it dose look good.

I been slammed at work and my tech went to Oahu Hawaii for two week. Asshole.

So I've been sweating like a dancing mule. Thank god he's back Monday

I'll update Nikki's pics. Hope you all have a blast at Canby.Maybe next year I can make it.

• 11 months later...

720 mirrors, cannot tell if early or late 720 with this photo, but likely late.

Got any laying around (especially really really nice ones that you want to practically give away  B) )?  A PO cracked open my passenger door mirror and replaced the glass... now it is always wanting to pop apart and eject the glass.

Or... I'd really love some "OEM" looking ones... I'm guessing same mount shape, but all metal, chrome, and probably a round mirror.