B210 Goodness: Finally Picked up a Car(Dos?)

Kirden

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3276

Register at that site then use that link and the attachments will show up. The first attachment is a snapshot of all the flanges together, the others are the actual DWG files. I want the 5pc Oval so I plan to call up some other shops closer to ATL and ask them if they will run some.

why would they look down on an AutoCAD file? AutoCAD is a very well known and widely supported program in just about any industry that uses CAD. My dad is a draftsman at a for a truss company and he uses AutoCAD. Solid Works uses DWG's. Thats a big program as well. I'd definitely look for a competent machine shop that can handle using a normal file format like that. My machine shop teacher in TN said if i designed anything at home using solid works or something like that, then he could put it in his computer and import it into his CAD-CAM program and it would work on the CNC mill or lathe we had there. And none of it was anything super special as far as CNC machining equipment goes.

I don't know why they won't use it. It's probably too small of an order and they are just coming up with excuses. However, one of them did offer to measure my manifold and design a flange at $100 for the design and $40 for two sets of flanges.

The guys over at the 1200 site put them up for sale occasionally so unless I find a decent price around here I'll just wait. Till then I can just run the 32/36.

You did get me a little more interested in EFI though so I decided to take a look at extrudabody. While they don't offer a kit for the A-series they do offer a DCOE manifold and a I4 40-48mm EFI setup that fits dual DCOE manifolds. It is very expensive (about $1500 without injectors) but I bet it ould sound mean :devil:

http://www.extrudabody.com/servlet/the-92/4-dsh-ITB-dsh-KIT-dsh-40-fdsh-45-fdsh-48mm-or-Twin-DCOE-fdsh-IDF-fdsh-IDA/Detail

• 5 weeks later...

My red headed step child is getting some love. Bought a weber to get it running temporarily. Contacted Steve at Bogg Brother's to have an R1 manifold made. He didn't have the oval port design so we are using the 5 piece oval port flange design from the 1200 forums.

Gotta work on fuel lines and installing the fuel tank this week, changing all the fluids, and getting rid of the old mildewed carpet. Hopefully the weather cooperates with me. The weber should be here Thursday but I'll need to clean it up, new jets, the A-series adapter, and a rebuild kit.

I'll still need headers and an exhaust but after that point it'll all be just dialing it in and getting it road worthy. Thinking about purchasing an LM2 to help with tuning so I can use it on the car and the LZ22 once it's finished for the 620.

I'll post pics of the R1 manifold as soon as it's finished if Steve doesn't mind sending pics before it ships. I'm still waiting on his response as to wether we will be adding vacuum ports on all the runners or if he has some other idea.

damnit... So I went to cross a few things off my list. Mostly looking for reason as to why the engine would "rev but not idle" according to the PO 2 owners ago. Barring the massive vacuum headache, would this cause those issues?

IMG_20140217_180922_zpsc13749de.jpg

IMG_20140217_180910_zpsbcaf98ef.jpg

That hose was the one between the valve cover and air filter, the breather hose from the block was stuffed with a bolt as well and lose on both ends. Lose enough to twist and pull off without losining anything. 

Atleast I know I'm datsuning right:

IMG_20140217_181100_zpsf192ee34.jpg

four wheels, 8 lugs, tight shit yo!

Lol, it won't be going down the road for a while. If I can help it, it won't be going on the stock wheels ever again :P

You can tell this car has been picked over a bit, and whoever did the A15 swap didn't care if it ran or not. It's gonna be a lot of fun trying to get it road worthy.

boo, no l-series :(

I thought about a lot of swaps and finally settled on just running the A15. I hadn't planned on spending a grand on just the intake and headers, but those are the two largest purchases until I start body work. Hell, even the carbs will only be 200-300 once everything is finished. 

On a side note, if anyone is looking for headers for the B210/210, get with Mark Stewart at Kirk racing. Trying to motivate him to find his jig so he can make me some of those beautiful headers that datsunfreak is running :P

• Like 1

That's why I'm sticking with the A15. Low and slow with a good sound. R1 carbs and the right exhaust should get me what I want without too much fuss. 

The only reason I choose not to do an L series swap is I already have the A15 and a very decent head. If I can make 80hp I'll be happy for a while. Then I'll boost the hell out of it and swap something else in when it fails :P

For me, my 620 will be my toy and the B210 will hopefully be a stylish cruiser. However, if I get transferred out of state, the LZ I'm building will most likely find it's way into the B210 since the 620 doesn't have a title. That will be all kinds of hell with the rear end.

So, would it be possible to drop the oil pan without removing the engine? I want to make sure the 4-5 years of crud in the pan doesn't make it's way back through the engine. I'm open to suggestions on this as well as getting that jellied antifreeze out of the block.

That's why I'm sticking with the A15. Low and slow with a good sound. R1 carbs and the right exhaust should get me what I want without too much fuss. 

The only reason I choose not to do an L series swap is I already have the A15 and a very decent head. If I can make 80hp I'll be happy for a while. Then I'll boost the hell out of it and swap something else in when it fails :P

For me, my 620 will be my toy and the B210 will hopefully be a stylish cruiser. However, if I get transferred out of state, the LZ I'm building will most likely find it's way into the B210 since the 620 doesn't have a title. That will be all kinds of hell with the rear end.

So, would it be possible to drop the oil pan without removing the engine? I want to make sure the 4-5 years of crud in the pan doesn't make it's way back through the engine. I'm open to suggestions on this as well as getting that jellied antifreeze out of the block.

Best person to hit up on this would be John. A.K.A Datsunfreak. He'd know for sure.

Thats the hose that had the bolt in it lol. It's ok though, changing over to a weber and getting new hoses for everything. Just playing the waiting game with the UPS guy.

Edit: D'oh, reread your statement... It is way to late to be ratsuning right now. Sorry, the breather tube was the one blocked, most of the vacuum hoses will be replaced due to being dry rotted.

Moree new stuffs. Got these today:

IMG_20140226_134741_zps49850a7a.jpg

Thinking of something like this for the recolor:

final_pi_Montana%20Gold%20PMB-5478.jpg

Also, salvaged this from my old civic. Might be time to put it to good use :)

Pic8-Turbo.jpg

Pic2-Elbow.jpg

GReddy 15g TD04 with custom ported elbow. Originally designed for a 1.6l civic, sounds perfect  :thumbup:

That blow dryer may be a long way off, depends on how long it takes Mr. Bogg to finish my mani, get it tuned NA, then have him make me a plenum for the R1s. I also have to figure out what I'l doing for a turbo mani. It will be a log, but not sure where my outlet needs to be to clear all the vitals under the hood.

I was thinking something like a ford might work. Placing the outlet toward the rear a few inches down and away from the mani itself, but that might hit the column. Here is a picture of the general shape:

133432262_amazoncom-88-96-ford-van-e250e

Edit: linked the wrong picture... That's the right one

I looked at that one before, but when I spoke with clyons (think it's the same person at least) he wasn't sure about LHD vehicles. I know someone was talking about a top mount at one point but that;s not going to work for this turbo. Sadly GReddy too the 15g and modified it so that you can only clock it so much,. Top mount won't allow proper oil flow.