front brakes soft after new pads and bleeding lines

Stupid_fast

Most likely not,Unless they have been subdued to alot of heavy braking,with alot of heat cycles(ie track days)

Not track days... but plenty of canyon runs.

But as I said, with an L20b and sticky suspension/tire setup Im not on the brakes that much.

Then again this is my fourth brake pad change in 10k miles. Drums are still fine.  LOL

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

But as I said, with an L20b and sticky suspension/tire setup Im not on the brakes that much.

Then again this is my fourth brake pad change in 10k miles. Drums are still fine.  LOL

4th pad change????? in 10 k miles...?

On the same rotors????

Not on the brake much??????

I would turn them........

4th pad change????? in 10 k miles...?

On the same rotors????

Not on the brake much??????

I would turn them........

Well not on the brakes very hard.... but the car sees corners more than it sees straights.

Went through my last set of tires in 7k miles.

Hopefully I'll be able to buy a new brake setup at the end of the month and won't have to worry about stock brakes anymore. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Well not on the brakes very hard.... but the car sees corners more than it sees straights.

Went through my last set of tires in 7k miles.

Hopefully I'll be able to buy a new brake setup at the end of the month and won't have to worry about stock brakes anymore. 

Well I personally would refrain from any spirited type of driving until you replace or turn the rotors

Its the Canyons where you need the most braking..

I replaced my Stock 510 MC (3/4")with a Z car MC (7/8"). Its great if you like a really firm peddle. I dont like it much. I would sooner get a 78/79 620 MC with the 13/16" bore.

That said, my Stock MC was awesome! had no problem locking the front circuit. I never got the peddle to the floor.

Now with the Z car one, I cant heel toe, as the brake peddle engages so much higher than the gas pedal starts.

Well I personally would refrain from any spirited type of driving until you replace or turn the rotors

Its the Canyons where you need the most braking..

I was also under the impression rotors didn't have to be turned unless they where wobbling or otherwise causing issues -  

They should be turned anyway ? heh

@laecaon, I really have no idea what master i have.  I'm only guessing its a stock 510 one. 

I may try different options and see what I like best. With my throttle cable setup my pedal comes way further up than stock anyway.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I was also under the impression rotors didn't have to be turned unless they where wobbling or otherwise causing issues -  

They should be turned anyway ? heh

There are issues, 4 sets of pads is too many...in 10k miles,Unless it was every run on Muhullond drive on a daily basis

Be it the rotors,the calipers,the qaulity of pads,or the operator (no I am not passing judgment,just mentioning)

there is something wrong

There are issues, 4 sets of pads is too many...in 10k miles,Unless it was every run on Muhullond drive on a daily basis

Be it the rotors,the calipers,the qaulity of pads,or the operator (no I am not passing judgment,just mentioning)

there is something wrong

Calipers are rusted junk and I've wanted to replace them for years ... kek

And yes, basically roads like Mulhulland every time I drive it. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Calipers are rusted junk and I've wanted to replace them for years ... kek

And yes, basically roads like Mulhulland every time I drive it. 

Yeh I would get on replacing them soon.....

Get a better pad to , green stuff pads are pretty good