• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak
very rare and only came in early 68 510s from what ive seen

This,

And I am pretty sure they only came in the L-13 510(In Canada at least)

Guest 510kamikazifreak
That was for Canada. There was an option in Japan as well. I dont know if they were L13 510s, but I do know they were 67/68s. 

I would think that some of the early dealer articles from Japan would show something?

Guest 510kamikazifreak
I havent seen anything but the covers of the early brochures. I have a '69 brochure and there isnt an option... 

Would be neat to know,if one could find a early 68 brochure

No that is member from here who sells the emblems. The one down here is white with blue or green interior with the funky wood bead seat cusion on driver side

I didnt know that was the same guy. Cool that theres another factory bench car here. 

I wonder if anyone has ever used a bench seat out of a different car before? I think one would look really cool with my "rat rod" appearance. Plus it is also a way for a female to be closer to me while driving. lol

Bench seats were available on all 510 models here in Japan when and if it was a column shift manual version. Wagons and sedans were the main users of this and all models from the first model late 1967 up to the last model late 1972 were available with column shift and bench seat if required. 68 -69 & 70 models had column shift, bench seat and 1300 engine with drum brake front end. 71-72 models had 1400 engine with column shift, bench seat and drum brake front end. Column shift versions in sedans were not very popular, but in wagons there were a few, especially in the early models mainly 68 & 69.

This is what I got from my guy. 

Plus it is also a way for a female to be closer to me while driving. lol

it a Datsun, their not that wide. if she got any closer, she would be sitting on your lap.

Wait, I like the way your thinking.  ^_^

Is this going to be the new thing? Everyone just wants bench seats now? Make sure you pick up some yellow head lights and a drift charm while youre at it. 

Not sure where you're going with the drift jokes. My car isn't a drift car, it's more of a "low and slow" cruiser. 

I just measured the inside b pillars and I have 50 inches of clearance for a bench seat. I will look at some of the junk yards and see if one will fit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.