YOUNG DATSUN HEAD NEEDS 240Z PARTS ...

YOUNG DATSUN HEAD NEEDS HELP ..we need 71 240Z parts.. Just bought a fixer upper for my 18 yr old son's first car .. willing to trade some 510 stuff for.. headlight trim... Valance...console..rear hatch vents..side mirror..any wheels and tires for the z.. I have a complete 69 510 grill... SU carbs.. and other items...I'm looking for someone who has too many old 240z parts collecting dust..over abundance.. and wants to help a young datsun head out! he's a great kid.. doing fantastic in school 3.8 gpa..in theatre..He has never used drugs/alcohol ..he IS however corrupted by the datsun fever folks...he eats ,sleeps, breaths, and dreams about his car that sits in the driveway.. "one day" he says.. were not the richest people on the planet so any donations or price breaks will be apprieciated ... I'm turning to my Datsun family for help..

CAM01502_zpsffaee1d5.jpeg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this car just pours out thick white smoke reguardless of the engine rpm's... at idle..bad.. ramp up the motor and completely fills the entire culdesac we live in like a james bond flick!! otherwise runs pretty damn good .. Ide be willing to take a drive anywhere here in california or left coast for the rght deal.. THANK YOU!!

haha james bond flick.

Sounds like a blown head gasket to me ( or cracked head/block ., but not that often in N/A datsun's and again I could be wrong )

Do a compression check anyways (short-block might be good/high enough compression) to see if it's worth doing a head-gasket , check/machine/pressure check the head , gasket it and go.

Or if compression is bad in the other cylinders not related to the blow ... then a good long-block engine is a good route or re-build right ? :)

Autozone and O'reily's auto parts rent tools (compression checker) if you don't already own (with a deposit and you buy it if it breaks)

TIP: Look for the CLEANEST spark plug and that will tell you which hole (since it is burning that much water) .... ;) and I personally prefer to use anti-seize on all my spark plug threads any time they are out of the hole.

Good luck :)

haha james bond flick.

Sounds like a blown head gasket to me ( or cracked head/block ., but not that often in N/A datsun's and again I could be wrong )

Do a compression check anyways (short-block might be good/high enough compression) to see if it's worth doing a head-gasket , check/machine/pressure check the head , gasket it and go.

Or if compression is bad in the other cylinders not related to the blow ... then a good long-block engine is a good route or re-build right ? :)

Autozone and O'reily's auto parts rent tools (compression checker) if you don't already own (with a deposit and you buy it if it breaks)

TIP: Look for the CLEANEST spark plug and that will tell you which hole (since it is burning that much water) .... ;) and I personally prefer to use anti-seize on all my spark plug threads any time they are out of the hole.

Good luck :)

Man.. you toatally got my attention and woke me up!! SIMPLE!!  thank you very much !!

Smoke

White........ steam from water entering the cylinder(s) from a blown head gasket. In some cases unburnt oil like from a cylinder with a hole in the piston.

Black......... gas from over rich or flooding SU carbs

Blue........... burning oil from bad rings and or valve guide seals.

Does the motor use water, overheat or spit water out the rad overflow pipe.

Smoke

White........ steam from water entering the cylinder(s) from a blown head gasket. In some cases unburnt oil like from a cylinder with a hole in the piston.

Black......... gas from over rich or flooding SU carbs

Blue........... burning oil from bad rings and or valve guide seals.

Does the motor use water, overheat or spit water out the rad overflow pipe.

it sat for 5 years.. rust took the radiator hostige.. flushed and cleaned everything... block...tank..radiator.. still smokes white smoke SEVERELY!  . doesnt use water and temp is stable

Any chance that the oil is over full... don't assume.

When the plugs come out take a good look at them. Are some worse that the others? this might point to a bad cylinder.

Oil smoke when really thick is white. It can't burn as there isn't enough air so it just 'boils off'. The rings may be seized. You could try taking the plugs out and giving the cylinders a few table spoons of diesel fuel or valve cleaner with the engine warm. Crank it over for 5 seconds. Let sit overnight. In the morning put the plugs and wires back on and try starting. The diesel fuel may free up the rings. But they are going to smoke for a while and may never get totally better. There's no knowing what shape the rings were in when it was parked.... maybe the reason it was parked???.

When the plugs come out take a good look at them. Are some worse that the others?

• 2 weeks later...

I have TONS of old Zcar parts and would make you a great deal on a large lot of parts... My wife and I are in the process of adopting and I am looking to unload whats left of almost 15 years of collecting parts from over 50 Zcars...  I have everything from interior to body and engine / drive train parts.  I have a nice set of 15"  "Snow Flake" wheel that would look killer on that Z too!

Shoot me an email at L28240z@yahoo.com with what all you need and I'll put together a good package deal on what I've got!

Thanks, and Good Luck with the project!

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! will definitely be talking with you soon !!

I have TONS of old Zcar parts and would make you a great deal on a large lot of parts... My wife and I are in the process of adopting and I am looking to unload whats left of almost 15 years of collecting parts from over 50 Zcars...  I have everything from interior to body and engine / drive train parts.  I have a nice set of 15"  "Snow Flake" wheel that would look killer on that Z too!

Shoot me an email at L28240z@yahoo.com with what all you need and I'll put together a good package deal on what I've got!

Thanks, and Good Luck with the project!

Richard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.