1980 200sx front brakes/suspension on a 1970 510

StinkyTurbo

I have an entire 1980 200sx front brake/suspension setup and Im wondering if its the same as installing 280ZX suspension? As in, remove 200sx spring, remove bottom perch, grind off excess metal, install bottom perch, spring from 510 strut, use collar clamp, cut 2 coils off 510 spring, use 240sx camber plate.

amiright? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

M30 has the most potential for non fabricated, easily sourced factory brake upgrades (z32 caliper bolts on).  Slip on rotors.  You can drill the hubs for 5 lug or get Z32 rotors drilled to 4 lug.  They are worth the hunt in my opinion.

Like S12 though the steering arm recess is bigger requiring special RCA's.

• 11 months later...

M30 has the most potential for non fabricated, easily sourced factory brake upgrades (z32 caliper bolts on).  Slip on rotors.  You can drill the hubs for 5 lug or get Z32 rotors drilled to 4 lug.  They are worth the hunt in my opinion.

Like S12 though the steering arm recess is bigger requiring special RCA's.

so does the ball joint on the 510 bolt to the m30 struts?

The 510 ball joint stays bolted to the 510 steering arm that does bolt to the M30 strut.  You just need to adapt the smaller diameter 510 steering arm to the larger M30 size though with either a machined ring or bump steer spacer for a proper fit.

P1040319.jpg

If you want to use your existing spacers with S12 or M30 struts you should have a spacer ring made to make up the difference, like this:

I've fitted s12 struts onto my 810, the issues i've had are:

Must use a spacer to make up for the difference. Mine were 54mm OD 40mm ID and 15mm thick

IMG-20130428-00442_zpsb90a53c0.jpg

• 2 months later...

I had the shims made up, then sectioned the struts to take mk 1 vw golf (rabbit?) Inserts so it's all sat together and looks the part but not driven it yet (converting  rear to irs, using s12 rear end). I would suggest a decent bevel on ID as it eases location I did mine with a deburring tool after messing for ages.

Thanks! I needed those specs.    :thumbup:

I knew they would help someone!!!

• 2 months later...