Is this a good deal?

datto510

I've been looking for a nice sidedraft for a while now. This one popped up on Ebay and was wondering if it were a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-510-weber-45-dcoe-carbs-carburetor-L16-L18-L20_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33550QQihZ016QQitemZ260261037587QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It will be running on a mildly built L16. It also looks like linkage is set up for a cable? How do you overcome this? Is there an adapter to buy, or just some good old fashioned elbow grease?

-E

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

singles seem not to work as great as duals.esp with that manifold

wait it out. a set will come along

:eek: Yeah, thanks for the photo tease! :D

I'm not in any great rush, the car is in Seattle and I am in Dutch Harbor, AK and wont be back for 2 months. By the way, I saw a sweet 620 yesterday, in Dutch Harbor! I'll try to get a pic and post in that thread tonight.

I say it is..find out what the carb cost and intake.,..looks like it's in good shape...I for one don;t like sidedrafts, they are too pinicky...a 32/36 is good enough for daily driver.

Daily driver? Thats what my 4 door is for. :D

I'm looking to build the oldschool japenese hotrod!

No,,no, got it all wrong..Just from my experience the sidedrafts (Mikunis or webers) are not meant as daily driver. From my own experience they were pinicky...constant adjustment. and with gas prices today a 32/36 is the best bet. BTW you can't maximize sidedrafts unless you have built up your engine from inside...

No,,no, got it all wrong..Just from my experience the sidedrafts (Mikunis or webers) are not meant as daily driver. From my own experience they were pinicky...constant adjustment. and with gas prices today a 32/36 is the best bet. BTW you can't maximize sidedrafts unless you have built up your engine from inside...

I hear what your saying about the fuel prices and finikey carbs and I agree. The car in question already has a 32/36, I am looking to make some more horses by upgrading to dual Webbers.

BTW, the guy I bought the car from gave me a long list of reciepts and some of them were from Dave Rebello racing. There is one for a cam, the others are too wrinkled or faded to tell what they were for. I tried to get ahold of the seller to find out what has been done to the motor, but cant seem to find him anymore.:(

singles seem not to work as great as duals.esp with that manifold

wait it out. a set will come along

Alright, I waited it out. Here is another set that showed up on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-510-weber-40-dcom-carbs-carburetor-L16-L18-L20_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33550QQihZ016QQitemZ260264563002QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

These are DCOM instead of the DCOE. I have done a little internet research and the only difference I could find is that it has a diaphram accelerator pump versus the piston type of the DCOE.

Is THIS a good deal?