Nismo/electromotive l-7 grind rally cam $125

This is the real deal not a regrind. I ran it in my old L20b for a year and it noticeably improves the midrange power and is a pretty fun hop up.

I wanted to keep my current motor stock so I didn't put it back in when I swapped. I believe it requires different lash pads if I remember correctly. It has a longer duration and more lift than a the stock l20b (SSS) cam. Figuring out the clearances is up to you.

It's in good shape and I just want to pass it along. I picked it up from nismo back in the 80s when I worked at a dealership.

Pics to follow when I get home

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe! I'd be interested in the following, if it's expensive enough I'm good with adding some cash going the other way

stuff for a maxima disc swap for the rear of my wagon

roadster parts (rear wheel cylinders, top for a 67 low windshield body, other odds and ends)

long tail 5 speed core to fufill my low 1st tall 5th mongrel gearbox fantasy, still haven't done the math to figure out what I need or if it's even possible

whatever else strikes my fancy

I have a ZX 5 speed that is leaking silver gear oil...

I drained one once in a wrecker's that came out looking like silver paint. The drain bung had a chunk of bearing race on it and two 1/2" ball bearings clanged into the drain pan.

Kind of curious what the 'lift' is.

Have a digital micrometer/caliper lying about?

Would imagine it's under .460

?

You can find it in the Nismo comp catalog.

7-spec cam for L-Series, .475"/270° high performance cam. Use .160" lash

pads when installing.

Yes, that's the one Laecaon. It pulled pretty hard and I liked it, I just got tired of swapping it for smog every couple years.

As for the 5 speeds, I think I'm looking for one of the later ones...aren't the post 80 ones supposed to be stronger? I still need to do the ratio work to figure if what I want is possible, see the mongrel box thread

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.