Testing Waters: FS 70 510 2dr

As it states I'm merely testing the waters to see what possible trade options are available to me...I am in no rush at all to sell or trade this car so again this is testing the water...

Car is located in socal

This is my 1970 510. It's been a great car and runs very well. Car has been takin care of for the most part but could use some work here n there. This car was in a good friend of mines family for over 20 years. It currently still holds a clean title. The body was in overall decent shape up until a few weeks ago a lady hit the car as she was leaving her parking spot right next to mine. Sounds hard to believe I know but the pics will explain it all. Car was borderline salvaged but I fought tooth and nail w the insurance adjusters to hold the clean title givin the circumstance of the incident. See pics below after reading through the post......

Specs on the car

1970 2 door clean title

Motor/Trans:

~L18sss block w ported peanut close chamber head. Unknown mileage but runs strong w decent comp across the board.

~weber 32/36

~Mild cam/ specs unknown but very noticeable at idle

~Accel coil

~ngk wires

~electronic distributor

~electric fan

~New alternator

~Newer voltage regulator

~280zx 5 speed trans

~short shifter

~New oem clutch disk

Wheels/Brakes/suspension

~Riken mesh wheels 14x7 -11 w newer tires

~280zx shortened front struts w ground control coil sleeves/collars/springs

~280zx calipers and rotors

~280zx master cyl

~stock 510 struts w New mulholland springs included

~cut rear springs

~uncut rear springs included

~1"1/4 front sway bar(fatty)

-rear wheel cylinders rebuild

-also throwing in a set of unmodified 280zx struts aswell

Interior/Exterior

~fibreglass front splitter

~Has Nissan low ride plaid front seats

~rear seat was re-upholstered by the previous owners in the early 2000's

~factory 510 floor mats front n back/ car has no carpet

~no headliner atm but I have all the crossbows to have one made

~OG solex door n trunk locks

~Battery relocated to custom batt tray in the trunk

~all emblems on the car except grill badge was stolen

~ car was repainted about 3 years ago. It looked good when it was done but there r cracks in some areas at this time. Still shines when washed though.

~all glass in great shape

~working windshield wipers

Rear floor pans were replaced, has quarter size rust hole on the driver floorpan.

Cons:

The rust hole, bare interior for the most part, blinker switch has a short, valves could use a little adjusting,passenger window slowly falls while driving over bumps since the accident.

I'm sure there's plenty more I'm forgetting but oh well. It's a great car n has been my daily driver for some time now. trades I'm considering would be as followed...

Clean ae86 hatch(this would be numbe 1), clean s13 or s14's w minor mods not looking for shitty missiles or beat up piles etc....no fwd and no 2 seaters plz....

if i have to post a sale price itd be

$5400obo

Pm or text

661-400-6774

Onto the pics.....

IMAG0236-1.jpg

IMAG0235-1.jpg

IMAG0325-1.jpg

IMAG0324-1.jpg

PART_1354247708439-1.jpg

IMAG0126-1.jpg

IMAG0163-1.jpg

IMAG0249-1.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

PICS OF THE ACCIDENT (notice how perfectly parked the dime was, she said she didn't see it and yes it happened as she was leaving not pulling in):

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

IMAG0316.jpg

HOW IT LOOKS TODAY(needs a little work but could easily be smoothed filled and fixed):

IMAG0326.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol cus she had some low budget full coverage insurance. They valued the car at $1100 and the damage over $500 worth n called it a total loss n wanted to send me a $400 check. I fought w them n brought up small claims court n they decided the car wasn't a total loss n gave me a few pennies, a nickel n silver dollar n let me keep the title. N no she was juggling cigs n a 6pk of wine coolers wich I'm most certain was not her first of the nite

This is merely y I'm posting. I've gone through a lot thus far w the car n I just am not having the kind of income I had being a flag technician to pull out of pocket to get Ur back to the place I already had it. I really don't care if I sell or not, its just a weird feeling torwatds it now as if that lady took something from me. Idk lol

Lol cus she had some low budget full coverage insurance. They valued the car at $1100 and the damage over $500 worth n called it a total loss n wanted to send me a $400 check. I fought w them n brought up small claims court n they decided the car wasn't a total loss n gave me a few pennies, a nickel n silver dollar n let me keep the title. N no she was juggling cigs n a 6pk of wine coolers wich I'm most certain was not her first of the nite

Wow dude thats total bs man glws or trade, my buddy hit you up about it he'd really like to take it off your hands ;)

• Like 1

So sue her in small claims court for the difference, When she can't or won't pay, have the marshall seize her car, auction it off and get your car professionally restored.

read the beginning of his post..he is horse trading...heller!
I read it.

As it states I'm merely testing the waters to see what possible trade options are available to me...I am in no rush at all to sell or trade this car so again this is testing the water...

...if i have to post a sale price itd be

$5400obo

I really don't care if I sell or not...

ship2236, sorry to hear about your luck. GLWS...or trade...or not...or whatever.

ro510~

Sweet man well I'm not sure who he was I had a lot of interest today since posting.

As to everyone else lol. The car is for sale for the right price basically. My asking price is definitely not set in stone but if there is nothing but lowballers trying to weezle their way into a 510 ill have no problem keeping her. If it came to a trade it would be something as I posted but as it sits now more into selling outright as I have my eyes set on a few other projects.. thanks guys

Yea its just a cosmetic default nothing crazy at all. N yea i tgink the insurance is set in ITS ways already. Small claims is just gonna be an outdrawn hastle they kept the title clean n that was my main concern.

Show ins company ebay, craigslist, nada guide, this forum sales, they tried doin that to me when fender got hit, thy tried to say salvaged, but won them over..good luck

yea what he said, show them sales on all different stages of 510's. show them crappers are going for more than what there trying to get you for.im going to get full coverage on mine and document all my parts into it because i dont want to get screwed if something bad happens and they want to screw me over

Also included w sale...for FREE...yes FREE.... is an 80 280zx. Will not come w wheels pictured or front brakes but everything else is pretty much there. This is a parts car. Interior is trashed. Selling points r the rear brakes still complete. front struts n springs still in tact. R200 diff and a full running l28 at swap. Oh and a turbo hood. This is free. No paperwork so plz don't as its a parts car.

GosmsPhoto1356464102430.jpg

Had a potential buyer just leave. I'm a bit scared. Within the first 2 min I was asked if the l18 is a single cam motor and tgen a friend asked y does it idle the way it does y don't I fix it, I explained that's what happens when an engine has a bigger than stock cam, I was then told,"yea its hard to change the idle n adjust the timing that way", I was very confused and a bit mind blown, but the one for 1000 more n a ka swap will ptolly be his final choice Lmao

Had a potential buyer just leave. I'm a bit scared. Within the first 2 min I was asked if the l18 is a single cam motor and tgen a friend asked y does it idle the way it does y don't I fix it, I explained that's what happens when an engine has a bigger than stock cam, I was then told,"yea its hard to change the idle n adjust the timing that way", I was very confused and a bit mind blown, but the one for 1000 more n a ka swap will ptolly be his final choice Lmao

It's not hard if you know how to do it, its all about trial and error. what he expect top knotch technology? it's a 40yr old car for crying out loud -_-

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.