• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Beautiful. I love it. One thing, though. If you're going to use that head, I would recomment having the brass valve seats replaced with steel ones. My buddy just had to pull his head because the brass ones were too soft causing his valves to sink into the head.

• Like 2

Beautiful. I love it. One thing, though. If you're going to use that head, I would recomment having the brass valve seats replaced with steel ones. My buddy just had to pull his head because the brass ones were too soft causing his valves to sink into the head.

Good tip. I'll call around. I did notice the intake valves sunk in more than the exhaust.

• Like 1

Got a quote for $300 for machine work for the head..

I'll call a few other places. But if not like 50% cheaper I'll probably gonna pass at this point. Only takes about an hour to remove the head if I have an issue. Plus I bought engine for $100. This was suppose to just be rings and bearings. 

Not the best way to go about it.. don't follow my lead. I'll post compression numbers when the time comes.

I know a guy that used to own a race shop which is now closed. He might be able to do it.. but (not lying) he has brain damage from a car accident(Not related to racing). I'd rather not fuck it up. I'm all ears if anyone has a better recommendation.

• Like 1