• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an extra set!!!

JOKE!

:poke:

Mine are in great shape, hopefully this Sunday I can install the door panels and get them on there....

I would kill you. lol

I was in search for the 510 specific handle with chrome stripe. I found these a long time ago... just mustering up the shame to pay for them while posting classifieds in hope of rogue set popping up. That never happened.. and the sets that did come up were criminal prices for a used set.

I believe stock 620 sets in black are still available from Nissan. But I'm a dick and need the chrome. 

• Like 1

Well, some good news and some bad news. It runs! and it runs pretty darn good. I wasn't able to quite get to tuning it though, I kept seeing little puffs of smoke from over the exhaust.. so I tightened the upper and lower intake manifold bolts some more. They were already tight though. That didn't change anything still something leaking. I broke out the inspection mirror and went hunting. Turns out there is a freeze plug bottom center of the SU manifold. I'm guessing this was replaced at Ztherapy. But now it leaks.. bummer. 

Not a lot of time to have them fix it.. but I'll give them a call. Maybe they can send me a plug and I can replace it. Or.. if it's a common size.. I'll just buy one and replace it. The other option is to plug the coolant ports on the head I guess. But there is a bit of electrolysis around the coolant holes in the head. Even if I plugged it, it might leak through the pinholes. 

Anyone know the size of the freeze plug?

20160402_213419_zpsd5dnt2zr.jpg

The pump is perfect! It's a little louder than my old one.. but nothing abnormal. You can just hear it pumping a bit.

I believe that was the seller... and if I order from him again.. I am definitely buying another. Great buy so far.

Congrats man. Hows the quality on that fuel pump?  Thats the atom boys one, correct? 

Also.. is the plug in the bottom of the SU manifold a freeze plug or just regular plug? ... Now that I think about it, it might just be a regular threaded plug. Google image search here I come.

What is with you guys hatred of blue wires? NGK makes the best wires, so who cares if they're blue...    :rofl:  :rofl:

Now I do wish they still made the clear ones, but...

They just don't go with the color scheme. Well, I mean they won't go with it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I pulled the carbs off today. The plug was in there.. but it was finger tight.. lol. I guess z therapy forgot to tighten it. No big deal, it happens. I just put some tape on it and threaded it in.

I stopped that leak.. then found one more at the temp sensor I installed. Pulled that one and taped it. So far.. no more leaks and it runs great!

• Like 3

I still need to tune the carbs a bit. I synced them. Gotta watch the video again and dial them in. They already run really good. I'll toss the sniffer in the tailpipe and get them set right.

Next up is wiring the gauges. I got a start on it but had to take a break. I hoping to take it for a drive this evening.

• Like 3

Came by the revisit the progress. Nice work man. Loving the SU's. Driving her soon I'm sure. :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Thanks! 

I didn't quite get the car off the stands this weekend. I spend some time running wires for the gauges and sensors. I got a bit more work done last night, but I ran out of time and called it quits around 10:30.  I've got the wires ran for the most part, now I just need to get them into the cabin and find a good power source.

I've been pondering the idea of adding two relays and switched power from those. Then I could use those for power distribution later if needed and wouldn't put additional load on the factory wiring.

• Like 2

I've been pondering the idea of adding two relays and switched power from those. Then I could use those for power distribution later if needed and wouldn't put additional load on the factory wiring.

Great idea. It pays to think ahead :)

• Like 2

I've been working on this thing for about 2 hours a night.. although it's slow work.. it's actually kind of enjoyable. I've just been running wires and tucking them for the gauges., making harnesses, plugs.. soldering shit. And let this be a lesson to you future previous owners.. toss some labels on your shit.

As mentioned I'm installing a few relays directly wired to the battery and triggered from the factory harness for ignition, illumination, and a spare.

20160405_211345_zpsbzhx0qdz.jpg

• Like 4