Draker

The forgotten Beige 69 510 build *Pics fixed through page 8*

Still battling the timing chain noise.. I've got it all torn down at the moment. After I get it buttoned up, these are going on.

• Like 1

koyo rad is sexy !!!!!  i want one 

20151025_163135_zpst8jnfcru.jpg
20151025_163122_zpskynuv254.jpg

WANT! Thinking about tracking down a set for my wagon. I love the 46mm Z SUs LZ22 combo in my sedan. And once you get them they are pretty easy to understand, even for me. No a lot of parts to go wrong!

• Like 1

Ordered new gaskets, NGK wires, cap, and rotor to get this thing back on the road. i think I am going to pull the engine, put it on a stand, clean and seal it back up. 

While the engine is out I'll look at modifying the exhaust to fit the L20 manifold and downpipe and delete the stock resonator. There is something rattling around in the resonator.. not entirely sure what it could be. It started making noise after I had other exhaust work done...  :sneaky:

• Like 1

Heads up!

Don't waste your time going to autozone for NGK spark plugs, they are out of stock and back ordered at their distributors.

Getting pretty good at this:

20151101_155401_zpskqomgicd.jpg

I am also the king of scope creep when it comes to projects. I figured I'd take a peak at the bearings after 1000+ miles... "while I was in there"...

20151101_180515_zpslwgu8kfn.jpg

20151101_180500_zpso6hwzny4.jpg

20151101_180433_zpsgifa1wta.jpg

20151101_173009_zpsjx6wihov.jpg

20151101_173002_zps5jfsyonw.jpg

20151101_172953_zps6meiepbk.jpg

20151101_172908_zpsutebvebr.jpg

20151101_172904_zpszumuhbeo.jpg

20151101_172848_zpsvqk3f83w.jpg

20151101_172844_zpsairicecp.jpg

20151101_172839_zpsyn6gtsoc.jpg

20151101_172819_zpsm8yo18ej.jpg
  • Like 4

Plans are to clean it, make it pretty, install it, run it. Then hope the chain noise is gone...

• Like 3

that's really pretty... haha i hope i can assemble mine one day. realized my basket case carbs are missing a lot. hopefully i can fill in.. 

question.. any idea how you're gonna setup the throttle linkage? i'm new, so i don't know if this is common knowledge. thanks!

20151025_163135_zpst8jnfcru.jpg

• Like 1

that's really pretty... haha i hope i can assemble mine one day. realized my basket case carbs are missing a lot. hopefully i can fill in.. 

question.. any idea how you're gonna setup the throttle linkage? i'm new, so i don't know if this is common knowledge. thanks!

The stock linkage should connect and just work. At least with the sss 510 carbs.

• Like 2

20151216_181833_zpsvu2i9yeu.jpg

• Like 1

Got a different front cover from al. Going to clean it up more and install it.

20151219_191619_zpsqxodowdo.jpg

• Like 2

Need to modify the alternator mount a bit to fit an IR alternator. Thinking about doing a bit more cleanup in the engine bay before installing the engine.

• Like 1

You think I could get your old front cover? I was supposed to get one from Al but he couldn't find it and I'm assuming it's that one he gave you haha. I can trade for anything I may have or throw you some bones.

I just need to make sure the new cover will work. I don't have any doubts it will.. I'm just trying to eliminate a chain noise issue. If all is well.. I won't need the spare.

You think I could get your old front cover? I was supposed to get one from Al but he couldn't find it and I'm assuming it's that one he gave you haha. I can trade for anything I may have or throw you some bones.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure if I wanted to sand blast the front cover... I cleaned the shit out of it and it was still not looking that great... The sand blasted look isn't that great.. so I painted it. I like the bare aluminum look better... but I couldn't get it clean enough. Paint it is..

Yes I am replacing the crank seal.   :sneaky:

• Like 2

Fo sho. 

• Like 1

make sure to get every speck of sand out of the front cover , or you may end up with sandy grangina

• Like 2

I wasn't sure if I wanted to sand blast the front cover... I cleaned the shit out of it and it was still not looking that great... The sand blasted look isn't that great.. so I painted it. I like the bare aluminum look better... but I couldn't get it clean enough. Paint it is..

Yes I am replacing the crank seal.   :sneaky:

Did you try steel wool?, that's how I did mine ;)

I didn't. I had a spare cover I got from Al. It looked like it had already been blasted once, or painted. So.. I just blasted it and painted it again. Still have the original.

• Like 1