need a new 521. asap. Mighty mouse revival project thread

konig209

so i wrecked my datto. i need a new one. asap.

a rolling chassis would be best. with a bed ofcourse. no need or cab or front end or motor.

if it has it o well. im battling for 2 of them each owner now dont wanna give them up. all of a sudden. anything under $600.00 would be nice the closer to modesto the beter but i dont mind a drive.

i know 600 sounds cheap. but there are 4 here for that price just gotta convince one of two to let go. and the other two to answer.

the axle on mine is done its bent. the bed is pretty tore up. the chassis. dog tracks alot more. it would cost me around 400 for parts when for 5-600 i can buy a whole truck. if one of these guys lets it go.

i have been all over craigslist. i have called many numbers some dont answer some were sold so i thought i could jump on here maybe someone can help a brotha up.

488144_4569818928993_905763058_n.jpg

531525_4569837329453_846770128_n.jpg

549419_4569838489482_1474855828_n.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. 600 is a tall order. Especially around here. I know Ranman has one for sale. But it in the 2k range. But it can't hurt to talk to him. Good luck. And sorry to hear about the wreck.

yo will a 72 cab sit on a 69 chassis?

Yes it will, the 521s are all the same concerning chassis/cab mounts, but the engine mounting is different, as oldsckool said, cut the L block mounts off your 72 frame, and weld them on your 69 J block equipped frame, as the engine mounting is totally different.

While you are at it, there are so many things you should save for the future........

While you are at it, there are so many things you should save for the future........

thanks for the streight foward answer.

ok what should i keep. also i am moving my 72 wiring over to the 69 so i can have sidemarkers instead of reflectors.

the cab that is show in the pics will be parted out as well so yes the corner piece will be availible.

good eye sir no i will not be using.the plates but i might...."might" just keep it. if its just one if the two are there we can prolly work something out.

everything i sell will be dirt cheap just so i can sorta break even with the exspence of the roller.

i will be keeping all the switches and knobs off both trucks. and both dashes. going to keep the front bumper too and wiring.

It will take to long to name everything, and likely to much space to store it, so I will just be general, all cables should be saved that cannot be bought new, such as the rear e-brake cables, throttle cable, rear gears, front kingpin assemblies for a future rebuild, all good lenses, any good sheet metal, windshield, if your wingwindow rubber is good, save it, as new is $400.00 plus right now, interior window winder handles, exterior door handles(driverside for sure), door key lock assemblies, wiper motor/assembly, rear view mirror, the list goes on and on.

Sell the bench seat, or have it re-covered and then sell the current one, the issue here with getting advice from me is that I have done without in the past, like not being able to find an exterior door handle and having to get in from the passenger side, so I tend to grab them everytime I see one, well now I have too many and am selling them, here is a good example in the photo.

These are the gas door handles on a 720 PU, I looked for so long without finding any, so when I did finally find a few, I grabbed them because I had done without for so long, well somewhere along the line I gathered this pile of them without even realizing it, don't let this happen to you, you only need one, maybe two extras, the sad thing about this is that I didn't even have a stock 720(sold them all) for a time until the recent purchase of the diesel 720, so i didn't even need one of these, let alone 20 of them.  :lol:

DSCN1160.JPG

good eye sir no i will not be using.the plates but i might...."might" just keep it. if its just one if the two are there we can prolly work something out.

everything i sell will be dirt cheap just so i can sorta break even with the exspence of the roller.

nice. let me know. and congrats on the find.