521: Project C

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you still at it.  I am going to have to find Project B to see what I might have missed.

Rocket Dog you sure do nice work on these trucks.

Actually I had to pay others to do the work, I didn't even have a garage until this past October when I bought a house near Sacramento.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm still back and forth on whether to keep this truck as a project or just sell it off and be done with it.  I'm retiring, starting a new career as a teacher, and not sure I have the time or energy for this as a hobby.

Then again maybe I should.  For the Project B truck it was me paying other people to do the work and the results are pretty mixed.  With this truck I am the third owner, I could take my time and do things myself and get them done correctly.  At the end of the day I would have a better truck than the Project B.

Decisions decisions...

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Greetings.  To close this one out, I made a deal to barter work on the yellow 521 (Project B) in exchange for this truck.  We just completed that deal, I'm generally happy with the arrangement.  The work done on the Yellow truck probably would have cost me more than the red (Project B) truck was worth.  As it turns out, the guy who did the work, also is working on a camaro restoration and that project is consuming all his time and energy.  He wanted the red truck to help him do welding as a side line.  He sold the red truck to another local guy and will probably buy a non-project pickup truck to use for the welding work.

So, this one is in the done pile.

• Like 1