Another Datsun Sticker For Sale.

MRBog.jpg
Checking to see if there's enough interest to cover printing cost to do a run of 50 for $45 or 100 for $75. Price depends on run size and number in order, but I'm thinking it will be around $1 each. Not looking to made $ just enough to cover cost. They will be printed 4"X4" at 300-dpi photo quality on UV protected vinyl sticker backing. Not paper. If your interested let me know.

I'm not making any historic Datsun reference here, and the Bee holds no other significance than it's associated Bee-ness. The color schema of my 510 is yellow and black, and I liked the associative connections with bees aggression, buzzing sound, danger/stinger, and obviously it's color. Maybe the Y&B thing has something to do with my first "REAL" girlfriend. She had a yellow B210 "Honey Bee" and I had a black 68, 510. :thumbup:

No doubt I'm channeling my childhood in this design, I'm using iconic imagery pulled from classic American cartoon art like the looney tunes/ Warner Bros. logo with Bugs Bunny in the center, and muscle car cartoon logos for the Plymouth Road Runner, and Dodge Super Bee, then contrasting that against iconic Japanese imagery. Kind of a satirical play on sacrosanct  Americana. 
bugsbunny.jpg MRBmidSmall.jpg roadrunner.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I'm sacrificing my artistic integrity for mass appeal, Dude I feel so Lohan!

Straight up though I think it's an improvement. Thanks for the feed back.

MRBog.jpg

graveltrapp I liked the "ets. 1931" but it would need to be Ets. 1931, Died 1987, Resurrected 2013. 

Not sure about the bee...  even though I get your references.  Is there an insect or animal character more representative of Japan?  A ninja or samurai [Japanese] beetle  maybe ?  (I know... it's a reach and no tie-in to American muscle). Or a cartoonish insane looking kamikaze pilot (but maybe too culturally insulting for the sensitive folks).  Just my silly thoughts, don't mean to offend an artist with a novice opinion, but you asked !  Nice interpretation though.

est= established.....  what does ets mean? trolollol

Ets = dyslexia Duhlollol  :wacko:  It a Bee sticker peeps. The only thing up for debate is the works at the bottom. I'm leaning heavy towards that, or "Dokuji Yakuza"  Japanese for Original Gangster. 

Just to be straight, for the first run I'm printing the design as is at the top of the post, and I'm doing 100 4"X4" at 1$ each, + shipping/stamp. Maybe we can do a second run with something else at the bottom using the same layout, font, and Bee. I might draw another character if inspiration hits. Please PM me with a FIRM number of stickers you want and a contact email.

Thanks for the interest guys,

Paradime, aka. Blinded By Design.

MRBog.jpg 
it will be around $1 each They will be printed 4"X4" at 300-dpi photo quality on UV protected vinyl sticker backing. Not paper. If your interested let me know.
Just to be straight, for the first run I'm printing the design as is at the top of the post, and I'm doing 100 4"X4" at 1$ each, + shipping/stamp. Maybe we can do a second run with something else at the bottom using the same layout, font, and Bee. I might draw another character if inspiration hits. Please PM me with a FIRM number of stickers you want and a contact email.

Thanks for the interest guys,

Paradime, aka. Blinded By Design.

PM sent :) and a bump

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.