so what's up guys

Lobo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buick still exists as a GM brand. The Buick V6 was used in 1960s Buick and Oldsmobile compacts and also in the Triumph sports cars. Consequentially there are at least 3 pairs of left and right exhaust and intake manifolds to conjure a proper fit in an engine compartment. Left exhaust from one car and right from a second gives 6 exhaust combos which takes care of a lot of tight fits. Good luck!

Now that you have cut the front open, have you considerd a 240Z or early Maxima [really a destroked 2.8] 2.4 liter straight six?

so wait.... you only got the speedo part? thats the same as a 520/521 and can be had fairly easy. things like this kinda piss me off cause you said you paid a pretty penny for it and i know for a fact that i have 5-6 clusters laying around, i could have gotten you one prolly for far less

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So i almost have up hope on my Datsun then out of no were i find one with all the parts i needed in the junk yard she is closer then ever to being in the road really excited if any if you guys need any body or running gear parts there is one sitting in the pick and pull in Oroville CA

• 2 weeks later...

awesome that its out on the track, still not a huge fan of the pushed back seat, and that cage seems low in the rear, but your car. hows she handle and everything?

what part of the cage is too low for you?

day381_zpsd605bc97.jpg

3-23-134_zps03ed9e8b.jpg

still upset . . . ?

X1_zpsb184f1fd.jpg

yup

what part of the cage is too low for you?

day381_zpsd605bc97.jpg

3-23-134_zps03ed9e8b.jpg

your halo that goes from the b pillar to the a pillar isnt level with the roof and could have been tucked up alot higher in the rear.. also the lil bend where it meets the b pillar, i know its there to give room for welding(most likely) but it just takes away so much from the look, plus it offers up a stress point since the tube has already been bent it is weaker than the rest of it and could cause it to fail if (god forbid) you were ever in a crash or roll over... just my 2 cents on it, seen alot of stuff in the offroad fabrication industry over the years that has made me very anal about cage design and execution... in the end theres prolly nothing wrong with it and it will serve its purpose fine