mgb parts on j13

Who knows about this . Dose a mgb use the head from a Datsun?

J13 where made in Mexico ? If anybody knows Im very interested.

the post titled Steves 66 single headlight. the owner talks about

mgb weber and pasetter header. Thanks for any info .

I can only find tid bits of info on this.

anybody know why the fastners/bolts are standard?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the parts on the J13 motor are interchangeable with the BMC B-Series motor. The threading on the fasteners are not the same. I have had to install some BMC B-Series motor parts on my J13; oil slinger, rocker arm springs, crank dog (the threads had to be remachined), rocker arms, pushrods, and a few other odds & ends.

I do not know if the valve cover or exhaust manifolds are interchangeable.

Keith

redline makes a 32/36 weber kit w paceseter header I wonder if the header would work

a member posted he put one on his 520. the truck with detour sign hood and escalade wheels.

Ive tried to contact but he hasnt replied .my exhaust manifold looks to have awsome flow

design but the canon intake would bolt to exhaust manifold like stock one .hmmmmm :confused:

redline makes a 32/36 weber kit w paceseter header I wonder if the header would work

a member posted he put one on his 520. the truck with detour sign hood and escalade wheels.

Ive tried to contact but he hasnt replied .my exhaust manifold looks to have awsome flow

design but the canon intake would bolt to exhaust manifold like stock one .hmmmmm :confused:

But what engine is in his project???

I had to delete the manual fuel pump on the side of the block to clear the pacesetter header...as for the carb, u can run whatever weber you want...the hard part is finding the aluminum manifold, mine is from the mgb

35F56091-A24B-4C30-9E3A-1B4C3968FB8D-346ED65D8AA-A2E5-4A40-8396-8F6D936BDAE5-346

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

This is a longshot since this was 5 years ago, but do you have a pic of the back side of the intake on the firewall side of the carb?

Just want to see how you used the vacuum port. 

I had to delete the manual fuel pump on the side of the block to clear the pacesetter header...as for the carb, u can run whatever weber you want...the hard part is finding the aluminum manifold, mine is from the mgb 35F56091-A24B-4C30-9E3A-1B4C3968FB8D-346ED65D8AA-A2E5-4A40-8396-8F6D936BDAE5-346

• 4 years later...