pumphousecustoms

620 radiator not availabe??? wtf!?!?

An l20b radiator should work, no?

Nissan changed the core support between 74 and 75, so while it will work it won't fit perfectly.  It takes some mods to use all 4 bolt holes.

i notice the pic of the outlet on the bottom of the radiator s straight out.  is this how it comes and what hose would u use?

RED

620s they come striaight out on the bottom . so order a 620 lower hose

510/521s are 90deg out so order a 510/521 lower hose

early 620s rads the upper return   pipe was on the passenger side. these are rare now

• Like 2

Read my thread (Reply #49) - it goes into details about installing the Ll20B rad in the older 620's.  The only unanswered issue is the shroud:  will the early shroud bolt onto the L20B rad?  I was hoping to put a L20B  fan on my L18, but the mounting is completely different.  So if you want the correct fan/shroud clearance, you'll have to use the appropriate shroud for your engine and hopefully it will bolt onto the rad.

EDIT:  NOTE:  It may be possible to use the L20B water pump with integral fan clutch and a L20B fan if you use the L20B shroud.  I would go this way IF the water pump bolts onto the earlier engines. 

Also, the RA radiator, depending on which one you get is either a 24 or 36 month guarantee.  The AA is a Lifetime.

So I don't plan on ever getting another truck, I got the AA.  They also will match price, they matched $118 plus $8 shipping on my word - so if you have a buddy at AA, they will take care of you.

Better watch ebay 72-74 radiators have been popping up. I just got mine 

s-l1600.jpg

Why did Nissan put the upper radiator inlet on that side and the rest on the closer side for the l18? What's the science on that?

At least my l16 and l20b ones are the same

Better watch ebay 72-74 radiators have been popping up. I just got mine 

Got a link to seller's page?

s-l1600.jpg

page 4 ownage   :thumbup:

• Like 1

Ill get it in the morning, but its been different sellers that pop up with them.

• Like 1

...couldn't help myself, so I bot a brass one.  Still on eBay, something like $85 shipped. 

Is it for the early or later one?

• Like 1

It's definitely early - you can tell because the inlet and outlet are on the same side.

I don't know if there is a difference between the L16 and L18 models - I don't think there is but I'm no expert.

• Like 1

There's a difference in part numbers between 73 and 74 radiators (L16 and L18) but they interchange fine.  Fittings and mount locations are identical.

• Like 1

I have my original radiator if anyone wants it. I changed from Manual to Auto so I need a new one. 

Can I put the 75 and newer Radiator in my 74 truck planning on putting an L 20 in it soon anyway and somebody help me before I order the wrong radiator I wanted an aluminum radiator off of eBay but I don't know which one to order

• Like 1