620 radiator not availabe??? wtf!?!?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read my thread (Reply #49) - it goes into details about installing the Ll20B rad in the older 620's.  The only unanswered issue is the shroud:  will the early shroud bolt onto the L20B rad?  I was hoping to put a L20B  fan on my L18, but the mounting is completely different.  So if you want the correct fan/shroud clearance, you'll have to use the appropriate shroud for your engine and hopefully it will bolt onto the rad.

EDIT:  NOTE:  It may be possible to use the L20B water pump with integral fan clutch and a L20B fan if you use the L20B shroud.  I would go this way IF the water pump bolts onto the earlier engines. 

Also, the RA radiator, depending on which one you get is either a 24 or 36 month guarantee.  The AA is a Lifetime.

So I don't plan on ever getting another truck, I got the AA.  They also will match price, they matched $118 plus $8 shipping on my word - so if you have a buddy at AA, they will take care of you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Can I put the 75 and newer Radiator in my 74 truck planning on putting an L 20 in it soon anyway and somebody help me before I order the wrong radiator I wanted an aluminum radiator off of eBay but I don't know which one to order

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Since this topic pops up in searches, I figured I'd update anyone still looking.

Currently, 433638C (the alleged copper and brass radiator from O'Reilly's) is being fulfilled by a plain aluminum model. The 433638, which should be plastic tanks and aluminum core MIGHT also be fulfilled with the fully aluminum model. Not sure if I want to order one in to check or not.

RockAuto no longer has any available units.

I found a copper and brass one on radiatorexpress.com, but I have no experience with them. Their site screams scam to me, and I can find hundreds of mostly negative reviews. Anyone have anything good or bad to say?

• 2 weeks later...

I think the J series motors commonly used in the trucks here down under had outlet/thermostat on the same as inlet  hence on both sides, where L series is opposite sides.  I guessed and ordered 610 (200b) hoses I think for my ute/truck.