pumphousecustoms

620 radiator not availabe??? wtf!?!?

Not only are 620 radiators still made, they are inexpensive too.

Info please.

Advance Auto Part No. 433638. Aluminum with a surprisingly thick 2" core.

• Like 2

That is the one I installed. See pics above in my post.

I purchased an AmericanEagleRadiators 3 row radiator for my '73 Datsun 620. I'll see if i can find the specs and post it on here later. The design is nice but for some reason it does seem a bit out of place. I tried mocking it up and I need to modify some custom aluminum brackets. And I definitely need custom radiator hoses. But with a little modification it will work.

20131216_003344_zpswycq1mda.jpg

redskunk

the 73 uses a 510 rad but later 620s have a differnet lower inlet out let

go with GGzilla said

Advance Auto Part No. 433638. Aluminum with a surprisingly thick 2" core.

Yep, the advance auto one is good. Fit nicely into my 78 620.

Or, if you gotta have OEM, I have an NOS Datsun radiator new in the box I'll sell you.

I just had macs radiator re core mine 170 out the door. told them not to paint it and sanded/painted myseld looks new.

Hey i want to swap to an aluminum radiator too but i have an automatic. What do you guys that are swapping to aluminum radiators do about the transmission lines?

Run an RV cooler.  You may want to add a transmission oil temperature gauge to be sure it's adequate, but a good-sized RV-type aux trans cooler usually works fine standalone for a low-HP application.

Thanks. I ordered from advanced auto for the replacement radiator. it's listed as having an transmission cooler on it. They have a $50 off coupon going on so total with tax came to 98 bucks! what a deal

• Like 2

Got my radiator. Looks pretty nice. Aluminum fins. Slight issue is the radiator fill neck. Kinda hard to screw the cap on because it's slightly thicker so more force is required to turn it

20150511_174129.jpg

Pick up a newer cap, the older style might stick and you will want it to release pressure when it has to. 

Got my radiator. Looks pretty nice. Aluminum fins. Slight issue is the radiator fill neck. Kinda hard to screw the cap on because it's slightly thicker so more force is required to turn it20150511_174129.jpg

That looks like the one I got. I noticed the same issue with the cap. Got a Stant cap and it fit fine. Sorry but I don't recall the part number of the cap.

the stant cap I have fits. the cap's still pretty new. it just takes more effort to screw it on there

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a new radiator for my automatic 1973 620. Did this advanced auto parts rad work out okay? Any modifications needed to fit? Was it the same "433638" part number?

I've been researching for hours and this thread is the best lead I've found.

Howdy fellow newbie..    If you look at the picture above, you can make out the red caps that are covering the cooler connections.... 

That looks like the one I got. I noticed the same issue with the cap. Got a Stant cap and it fit fine. Sorry but I don't recall the part number of the cap.

Just ordered mine. Should ship soon. Once here, I'll report my findings, but after having a PM conversation with 5t341tH, it should be a clean swap, no fabrication needed.

its a direct bolt on. since you said yours is an auto like mine, the trans cooler fittings have to be bent a bit more to clear the frame