Custom Datsun 510 Dash Centre Console

Hi All, 

I have been working on a custom centre console for the datsun 510.  I have designed a RHD version, and just this week ordered from my supplier a LHD version.

I originally posted in Ozdat last year, and the post has had a lot of interest, http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28632  

Description:

The product offers a unique solution to housing additional 2″ gauges and a single din stereo for your Datsun 510. RHD, and LHD variants available.

Features:

3 x 2 1/16″ gauge locations tilted toward driver both sideways and upwards to give optimum viewing angle.
1 x single-DIN stereo location below the gauges.
Silicone Moulded Vacuum Cast ABS plastic – strong yet light.
Minimum modifications required. will affix directly to factory mounting locations. Tab for mounting ash tray to be bent down to clear stereo.

Benefits:

Gauges in line with O.E.M. gauges.
Dedicated mounting position for single-DIN stereo.

There are currently 3 variants, a LHD, RHD and a 2 gauge, 2 5/8" option.

Current retail price is $185.00 AUD, but all parts are currently being sold at $155.00 AUD + P&H from Melbourne Australia. the RHD variants are on sale (stock currently on hand) and the LHD and 2 5/8" variants are on order, and you can pre-order for the discounted price of $155.00. this pricing will hold until the end of April 2013 when the new stock arrives.

please check out my website http://www.gilsonproducts.com.au/products/ to order before the discount period runs out.

Here are a couple of pics:

GP_D510_001_Datsun_510_Dash_Console_Medi RHD Variant

GP_D510_002_Datsun_510_Dash_Console_MediLHD Variant - Available now for Pre-Order

GP_D510_003_Datsun_510_Dash_Console_Medi2 5/8" Variant - Available now for Pre-Order

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If textured i would of been in, also dont like the stereo below the gauges, alot of people already have gauges under there stereos, would of been better that way instead of having to move the gauge wiring abouve the stereo and possibly extending some stereo wires. Still nice i know  a good few will be interested.  Just wish had texture. 

Thanks everyone, apologies on not showing a pic installed, see below from my website.  Will get a few more as they're installed..

guages-2-PC159051.jpg

I didn't get the RHD versions textured finish, and personally i like the contrast between the textured gauge cluster and glove box, but this isn't necessarily final.

I have contacted the supplier to see what i can get done, and will post back shortly with an answer. This might delay the release date slightly, but from initial review, texture finish is preferred.  please note that this will be as close a match as possible.

danfiveten, understand your point - the original design was with the gauges below the stereo - check out the ozdat forum http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28632

I had a lot of discussion over the position of the gauges, and the best layout was to have the gauges up top. this way your eyes aren't drawn away from the road/track/gravel as far when driving hard plus they're in line with the standard gauges. Stereo in comparison is seldom looked at whilst driving.

Datsun-510-Dash-Console-Fitted-1-300x263

• Like 1

I also like the stereo lower... the round shaes for the gauges do not look fitting for the dash so when they are higher inside, you dont see them and everything is square. If I needed any extra space for gauges I would look at picking one up. I also dont have a 70+ either  :sleep:

I don't care what anyone says, I think it looks fantastic. Gauges look the best on the top. If I hadn't already made something similar, I'd buy one. The gauges on mine are also on the top. I had gauges down low before and trying to read them while driving sucked. Most 510 interiors aren't in concours condition anyways, so that lack of texture isn't going to make it stand out any worse than anything else. The issue for me is that my car doesn't have a stereo.

• Like 1
I don't care what anyone says, I think it looks fantastic. Gauges look the best on the top. If I hadn't already made something similar, I'd buy one. The gauges on mine are also on the top. I had gauges down low before and trying to read them while driving sucked. Most 510 interiors aren't in concours condition anyways, so that lack of texture isn't going to make it stand out any worse than anything else. The issue for me is that my car doesn't have a stereo.

Never said i dont like how it looks, just said id like the gauges better on the bottom, stereo just looks out of place compared to where its usually at in my book, probally just from being a perfectionist and like everything looking perfect if i do it.  

I have confirmation from my supplier, and I can get the textured look added to the parts before tooling! thankfully they hadn't gone too far with the tooling.

So thanks everyone for your immediate input and praise of the design. Will post a pic of the master parts all textured once the parts arrive.

Cheers.

this is awesome..although i wish u made just a standard double din foir ahead unit and no guages... i sacrificed a couple to make a double din opening for a navigation unit...i like the look of the guage pod though

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.