Siqx's Vertically Challenged K/C

Siqx20

Sooooooo my first 620 I still have. It's in storage still in pieces waiting to be completed someday. In the mean time I picked up a 710 good for a DD. Needless to say I'm not much for goons, or 710's for that matter. So the good got traded to Chester for his 77 620 k/c. It has filled the void in my heart that was left by my other truck that is temporarily out of commission. :)

No big plans for this one at the moment as its only real intent is to be a DD that I actually enjoy driving around. Since I have owned it I have

• changed all the fluids

• removed 98% of the stickers on the back

• replaced the door seals because they were so far gone

• changed the lock cylinders because they didn't work

• and just some loose ends here and there that needed some love

Here is when she made it home

57FB40A6-79CC-477B-80C6-6676E38AEBB7-585

6C6F9A3C-69EA-4CF6-B050-22EB403545A3-585

And our trip to grants pass

DD2C8D05-7F6F-4A03-A64C-8E2D41DD96EE-585

Annnnd chilling at my work

D0EA5F40-3F1D-45CB-98A6-D55863E9BE9A-585

• Like 1
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks they are just taken with the camera on my phone.

Pulled it into the shop today to address the leaking gas tank. Had a small pin hole in it. Nothing a little jb weld can't fix. Atleast till I grab another tank.

510A692B-27BD-4A49-90D4-E023AB61945C-704

Almost to narrow to fit on the lift lol

F64FBADB-5ECF-40A3-9720-741F3FAC62F7-704

Woohoo! Good to see you with a truck again. :)
Yeah seriously lol I feel at home in 620's I have such a plethera of parts.

Here is a question guys. I'm new to king pins in these is there any way to adjust camber? I would like to make the camber a little more positive so I don't eat tires so fast in the front. But I haven't had a chance to look at the suspension really. And now as I'm laying here thinking a out it, it is to dark for me to walk outside and look lol

Well put the truck in the air again today to see what I'm going to need front end wise. Looks like I need tie rods, center link (cause its bent) idler arm (cause its totally hammered out), sway bar end links and bushings (because they are shot). Fortunately the king pins them selfs feel fairly solid. I was goin. To align the damn thing today as well.... Except! When the shock towers were raised it looks like the shims got some welding slag on them? So they are welded in place haha. So I will have to grind those out before I can align it I guess :/

So Chester filled me in on some of the parts of the Frankenstein truck. I'm only really posting it here so I don't forget. But in case anyone was curious. It has…

•front brakes: beebani disk swap, 90 hardbody 4x4 calipers and pads with 02 Honda passport rotors.

•the dizzy is a 78 with a chevy hei module

•Trans is a 85 720 with a 77 front case swap

•alternator is a 71 510 with ac, 50 amp ex

•front shocks are kyb 344469

•rear leafs are 84 720 4x4. w/energy suspension poly bushings for the 720

I know it's kinda hard to tell... But I washed the truck. Looks amazingly better. The paint that's left cleans up well. Anyways here is a quick pic i snapped before I had to take off to go to a bachelor party. ;)

2CD9A980-6B39-4A9D-A5D2-28B4044E8A45-172

• Like 1
Yeah I'm like 2 degrees neg in the driver and a degree and a half passenger. No shims on passenger tho. Looks like there are some washers there. Can those be removed?

Those washers should be removable. On my red truck, with the torsions cranked all the way to the bumpstops, removing all the spacers got me to 1 degree camber. 1 degree is stock per my manual.