620 with SR20DET with AC

orangie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I had to fabricate a lot of pipes for the turbo setup including making beaded ends.  Completely destroyed the small beader.  Stainless is hard on tools.  I should have new pics pretty soon.  SR20det wiring is complete.  There is still a few small wiring needed before I want to start the car, like the cooling fans.  Almost everything is there, IAC, BOV, EGR+ WG.  Oh yeah, still need all the vacuum stuff hooked up tol

• Like 1

Great build, very involved project. Just out of curiousity, Why not use a Prius A/C compressor remote mounted somewhere on the frame? I just remember you saying retaining the A/C was causing a lot of work. That would be a easy fix. 

BUT, good ingenuity to keep the A/C

• Like 1

Great build, very involved project. Just out of curiousity, Why not use a Prius A/C compressor remote mounted somewhere on the frame? I just remember you saying retaining the A/C was causing a lot of work. That would be a easy fix. 

BUT, good ingenuity to keep 

The AC is sorted out already, just need to run the lines.  Is the Prius compressor electric? If so I'd imagine it has a pretty big current draw and you would need a really big alternator.  I'm going to run an S14 alternator and I think its only rated at 80 amps.

• Like 1

Custom turbo setups take quite a bit of fabrication.  

t3yKQE.jpg

Rd3u0u.jpg

On a side note.  The paint I used for the front of the dash came out nicely.  It was something I picked up from Ace Hardware.  I don't remember the brand.  It was a popular brand like Krylon, an all in one paint and primer, in satin.  Out of a rattle can, sand it with 600 grit and hit it with the buffer.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the wiring sorted out.  I had to redo a couple of the relay setups since the NIssan triggers relays by grounding them.  Fuel pump now starts to prime when the key is switched to the "on" position.  Time to put gas in the tank and see if she starts, but before I did that I wanted to check the fuel lines for leaks since I found a write up on the internet saying the brass compression rings are only for aluminum lines.  I am running stainless lines, so I made a leak checker.  It is simple and works quite well.  Pressurize the lines to 100 psi and see how long it can hold pressure.  Both send and return lines lost only 1 psi after a couple of minutes.  FYI, those swivel end for AN lines all leak when you test the way I did. Gas at 50-60 psi would probably be okay.  

DQK9I9.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...