? on L18 -L16 motors

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah oh yea really are u for really damn..... woooohooooo nice would i get more RPM from a b210 tanny.......

Well...

Since the B210 is an A series engine, that transmission will not fit without swapping the bell housing.

Pretty sure a later b210 came with the L20b. b210 not 210.

What is it going into. If a 620 pickup then a 510 short tranny would only fit the 72/73. Not sure what tranny the b210 had but probably a long shaft that would bolt into a 74+ 620.

ah oh yea really are u for really damn..... woooohooooo nice would i get more RPM from a b210 tanny.......

If the B-210 tranny is the same length, and even if it was a similar tranny you would need an L series front case for it anyway, so just get the right one. And if you are into the work, might as well get a 5spd and be done with it.

4 speed trannys that will bolt into a '74:

'73-'75 610 F4W63 long tail

'73-'77 710 F4W62L only if long tail

'73-'78 240/260/280 Z car F4W71B long tail

'74-'79 620 F4W71B long tail

'76-'80 810 F4W71B long tail

'80 720 F4W71B long tail

5 speed trannys that will bolt into a '74:

'77-'83 280z/280zx FS5W71B long tail

'77-'79 620 FS5W71B long tail

ah eeee wow lolzzzz i wouldnt know all the specs on all that stuff tho.... i was jw if it would work or not thats all..... its lil rare too c DATSUN around here that is...... so its make it lil hard too find parts for it or PART store dont know what ur talking about or they look @ u dumb or cant find the part..... i do need some help on find a part on the motor tho.....

OK well u know where the long pipe runs from the block then there's a lil pvc pipe that run it up too the carb or whatever it is.... well i need too know what it is calld so i can replace it.....

The metal pipe coming from the block is a crank case vent to allow water vapor, gas and oil fumes to escape from inside the engine. The hose is probably polyurethane or something oil resistant, and joins the metal pipe to the PCV (positive crankcase) ventilation valve on the intake. In effect a small amount of intake vacuum sucks the fumes out of the motor replacing it with fresh air from the air cleaner drawn into the valve cover. Any hose will do if it fits and is oil and gas resistant.

Pretty sure a later b210 came with the L20b. b210 not 210.

What is it going into. If a 620 pickup then a 510 short tranny would only fit the 72/73. Not sure what tranny the b210 had but probably a long shaft that would bolt into a 74+ 620.

No US-Spec B210 ever came with an L20B. The ONLY engine ever used in a North American B210 was the A-series (A13 in '74, A14 in 75-78). The later 210 (which was really a B310) also only used the A-series in the US (A14, A15, and A12a, with the A14 being standard and the other 2 optional). Japan DID get a B210 and B310 with an L-series; it was called the Sunny Excellent, but it was NEVER exported to North America. It used an L14 originally.

I have SEEN B210s here with L-series engines in them, but they are all engine swaps.

As for the transmissions, the Sunny Excellent all used short-tail transmissions, but I couldn't say with certainty that they were 63-series.

ah ic well from what i c is well i need one that goes from big too little u know..... they seem like they cant find what im looking for that is...... it just seem like u all have the parts and shit out there on the west side of the state that is..... ah well i wanted too try too make more RPM thats what kind of guy i am i have lead foot.... or would the stock tranny work just as fine lol

Good to know on the b210. I had a friend who had one with a l20b and assumed it was stock. Thanks for the edumication.:rolleyes:

I dont think the tranny is going to help produce more rpms. If you want higher rpms at cruising speeds then change the rear end but that would be dumb.

If actual rev possibilities is what you seek you need to modify the engine itself. A L16 with larger valve/port head can rev up towards 6500 rpms without breaking but still doesnt produce that much power.