Relocating Balljoints for "moar loar"?

Kyle84

So, my friend was saying that on a hardbody. one can move the lower (or upper, or both?) ball joints to the top of the LCA or UCA... is this true? And it will give me more low? lol. If so i want to! I tried searching but im not sure what to search FOR?  :blush:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! lol. I'm not that skilled.  :w00t: I was just thinking if its just possible to unbolt somethings and bolt them back up on top of the LCA and UCA then i would do it. I don't even know how to weld. :( 

Holy crap! lol. I'm not that skilled.  :w00t: I was just thinking if its just possible to unbolt somethings and bolt them back up on top of the LCA and UCA then i would do it. I don't even know how to weld. :(

You can ad a spacer between the arm and the lower balljoint, so a 1 inch spacer will give you a 1 inch drop, but that moves the lower arm/balljoint down an inch closer to the inside of the rim.

The arms above are about a 2 1/2 inch drop.

I drove my latest project with a different set made just like this(same drop), but shorter with no negative effects, but it was my first drive, and I did not push it, fact is I was just trying to get to the meet and back home without breaking anything, but the little speed bump leaving the park ripped my muffler off, so that was the 4th time I had to fix it, but I made it home without any more issues.

I am more worried about the upper control arm angles rather than the lower arms.

Kyle

Check out what farmer is saying. Belltech makes drop spindles for hardbody.  I can remember what year the 720 brakes changed, but the later 720s had the same brake setup as the hardbody on the front end.  cost is about $2-300+ for drop spindles. Bolt on application.  If your truck has the early style  brakes, just goto the junkyard and rape the knucles/spindles/rotors/calipers off a hardbody.

You'll gain a 2" drop, hell might even have to re-adjust your tortion bars to raise it up a little :lol:  Good way to get around the lack of skills (no offense mang, I can't do what wayno does either lol)

** edit, by the way. if you use drop spindles you should raise your torsion bars back up some. You will retain some of your suspension going this route. makes for a much better ride.

http://www.google.com/search?q=belltech+drop+spindles+hardbody&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=belltech+drop+spindles+hardbody&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Igp&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=6awvUdC9LO32igLBiICYBQ&ved=0CEgQsxg&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.cGE&fp=aeebbbff22f4be3&biw=1600&bih=728