WTB Complete 510 - SoCal

Hi everyone, saw a couple other WTB posts in California, but I'd feel guilty hijacking their threads to find stuff for myself, so I hope starting a new one here is ok. I'm in Orange County, and it'd be nice to find a 510 locally so that I can physically see the car before making any final purchasing decisions. I'm looking for a smog exempt era 510, preferably 71-73, and either 2 door or 4 door is fine. This car will be used somewhere between daily driver and weekend driver. Also wanting one with an sr20de or ka24de swap done, but one of the L motors will suffice if need be. If I get one with an L motor, I'd want to do the motor swap down the road, so it'd just be nice to have that whole thing out of the way already. And then most importantly, I'm looking for it to have a straight body and be rust-free. I'd like to keep the price tag around 5,000-6,000 range, but might might might be willing to bump that up for an especially good deal.

I've been working on cars and have been racing cars for nearly all my life, and have always been jealous of every 510 owner I came across. I look forward to finally getting my first one, thanks guys!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey nacho iam still waiting for you to come and see my car

Yup, I'm still hoping to come take a look at it. I'm working out at Circuit of the Americas til Sunday, hopefully I can come see it sometime next week! And still keeping my eyes open for any and all options, please let me know, people!

not only Midwwest but maybe East Coast, where it snows a lot.  These cars are getting harder to find, specially 2 doors..put it this way, maybe 15 years ago, I would see a lot of Datsuns at the JY..then about 8 years ago when I bought my 75 Celica, I started seeing less and less Datsuns.  Use to see lots of trucks, Zs, B210, not anymore. I would visit the JY maybe once a month.. What makes it worse is you have lots of people who cut these cars up, start a project and don't finish..just makes it worse.  I think this is the main reason why a lot of OGs here get short circuited when people start asking about these cars, specially if they don't really know what they are up against.  They get very protective..these species will be extinct soon.

Yup, after I looked around some, I see now that it's pretty much impossible to get one that is totally rust free. But you guys know what I mean, I want one that's clean with a body in good shape. I'm most concerned about rust on the main body, other parts like the fenders or trunk lid are replaceable at least.

Fairly sure theres a few running around w/rust but it has probably gone through major restoration or tons of bondo, check out the red one for sale , see the build thread, tons of bondo, but when they got done it was clean. Good idea to check out build thread to get better idea of what is trully like, not what you think it is but closer to reality. When you only think of what it would be like, then its like virtual reality.

hahah the guy's been inhaling norco steer fumes too long

check out the detailed engine bay for 8k

3G83Lf3Ia5K75H55Jad362cee426a576c1bca.jp

I'm hoping to finally close a deal with this car. I think a good cleaning would do this car a lot of justice...but am i missing something?  :confused:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hard to tell from pics but look to be off white under the hood,and door jams.

The windshield weatherstrip has no lock in it(should have from the looks of the pic)

I'm hoping to finally close a deal with this car. I think a good cleaning would do this car a lot of justice...but am i missing something?  :confused:

well just like the other guy in me who bought the yellow 2dr found out

fresh resprays try (usually not always) to hide alot of horrific problems

unpainted that's a 1500 car

and i seriously doubt he payed 6500 for paint

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.